It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
(female)

OKstacey HB User
Red face Digestive system problems

Hi all,

I am currently 259lbs and have recently lost 12lbs on a new healthy lifestyle change I have just decided to make. I know that I am currently obese and my digestive system worked before I started eating healthier. I mean I was not exercising and just eating junk food and drinking sugary sodas everyday.

Now, I have completely changed my eating habbits to fruits and vegatable while staying under my calorie intake to lose 2lbs per week. I exercise vigorously 3x a week 40-45 mins each time. I am eating plenty of fiber and drinking half my weight in water everday day. I am also taking thyroid and seizure medications.

My problem is that I am not goign #2 reguarly and when I do it is pencil shaped or pellet shaped. At times when I do choose to indugle, the junk food I eat makes me go right away my entire stomach contents it seems like. I am wondering what I am doing wrong as to why my body is acting like this. I thought if I ate healthier I was supposed to feel healthier. In this case, I feel bloated all the time.

Someone please HELP!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Digestive system problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyodell View Post
Hi all,

I am currently 259lbs and have recently lost 12lbs on a new healthy lifestyle change I have just decided to make. I know that I am currently obese and my digestive system worked before I started eating healthier. I mean I was not exercising and just eating junk food and drinking sugary sodas everyday.

Now, I have completely changed my eating habbits to fruits and vegatable while staying under my calorie intake to lose 2lbs per week. I exercise vigorously 3x a week 40-45 mins each time. I am eating plenty of fiber and drinking half my weight in water everday day. I am also taking thyroid and seizure medications.

My problem is that I am not goign #2 reguarly and when I do it is pencil shaped or pellet shaped. At times when I do choose to indugle, the junk food I eat makes me go right away my entire stomach contents it seems like. I am wondering what I am doing wrong as to why my body is acting like this. I thought if I ate healthier I was supposed to feel healthier. In this case, I feel bloated all the time.

Someone please HELP!
When you increase your fiber intake you need to do it slowly over a 2 week period( this probably why you feel more bloated) The resaon you are able to go no. 2 right away when you junk food is because of the high fat content. High fat content helps to kick in peristalsis( colon contractions) quicker. Also,thyroid problems(underactive) can actually cause your digestive system to be more sluggish and your seizure medication may also be causing you to be constipated. Look up your medications and it it's side effects on the internet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply