It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
(male)

qinx HB User
H Pylori Treatment and its side effects

Hi all,

I started my H Pylori triple therapy 4 days ago. I read online about its side effects, and I'm getting a few of them myself, a little headache, nausea are the ones that are common and I am getting, which is alright, I'm able to coop with them, but I am having another side effect that I didn't see in wikipedia as a side effect, hence I'm posting this asking about it.

I have a little pain inside my mouth, the surroundings of the tooth area, specially in the upper side, its basically in the gum area + the upper part of gum, you know where the cheeks are, but from the inside, It's not very painful, but it feels uncomfortable to a degree, where if I massage around it from the outside, I feel a little better, so I massage my cheeks, also if i press my tooth together, I feel it more. I don't know how to explain it better, I'm sorry my English is very poor.

I hope you understand me, is this a side effect? is it normal? what is it exactly, do I have infection in my gum? or teeth? Thanks.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: H Pylori Treatment and its side effects

The H.Pylori treatment consists of a large dose of Antibiotics.
When I went through this same treatment myself I developed (Oral Thrush) it is a side effect of this treatment.
Not everyone gets this and the symptoms are sore gums sometimes accompanid by white spots.
"Nystatin Oral Solution) is the common treatment for this and your Dr can prescribe this for you.
After your treatment remember to take a course of Probiotics to replace any good bacteria destroyed by the Antibiotics which kill of the bad.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
(male)

qinx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
The H.Pylori treatment consists of a large dose of Antibiotics.
When I went through this same treatment myself I developed (Oral Thrush) it is a side effect of this treatment.
Not everyone gets this and the symptoms are sore gums sometimes accompanid by white spots.
"Nystatin Oral Solution) is the common treatment for this and your Dr can prescribe this for you.
After your treatment remember to take a course of Probiotics to replace any good bacteria destroyed by the Antibiotics which kill of the bad.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Thank you for getting back to me, yes my gums are sore, but there's no white spots, and I checked wiki about this, it looks like some funges on the tongue, which I also don't have, do I still need the Nystatin oral solution? or if i learn to coop with the pain in the next 6 days, is that fine too? my question basically is do I have to have the Nystatin oral solution?

also about the Probiotics to replace the good becteria, I assume this has nothing to do with my gums pain, my Dr haven't talked to me about this, he said just take the tripe therapy for 10days, then come back for breath test, I'll ask him about the Probiotics after the 10days is complete.

Last edited by qinx; 10-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by qinx View Post
Thank you for getting back to me, yes my gums are sore, but there's no white spots, and I checked wiki about this, it looks like some funges on the tongue, which I also don't have, do I still need the Nystatin oral solution? or if i learn to coop with the pain in the next 6 days, is that fine too? my question basically is do I have to have the Nystatin oral solution?

also about the Probiotics to replace the good becteria, I assume this has nothing to do with my gums pain, my Dr haven't talked to me about this, he said just take the tripe therapy for 10days, then come back for breath test, I'll ask him about the Probiotics after the 10days is complete.
No! You do not need Nystatin unless you develop Oral Thrush (As I Described).
Read up on Probiotics they are good after Antibiotic treatment.

Solofelix.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
(male)

qinx HB User

hi solofelix, I finished my course of antibiotics, now i just bought this product , country life power dophilus , is this considered a good course of probiotics after antibiotic treatment?

Last edited by moderator2; 10-28-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website for any reason

Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
(male)

flipstyle72 HB User

just to add an fyi in case anyone is in same situation I was.

I was recently diagnosed with h. pylori. The NP put me on Biaxin, Flagyl and Prilosec. 2 days into treatmeant I noticed I wasn't feeling "the same". The third day, I noticed a drastic drop in blood pressure. I am currently also on Procardia XL, Labetalol and benicar for hypertension.

On that third day, I had bp's drop as low as 85/43 after I was exercising. (Prior all this I generally do 45-60 mins of cardio 5 days a week and additional weight training)

Long story short, I googles contra indications for the medications I was now taking and it seems Biaxin and Procardia can have a potentially serious side effect of severe hypotension/hypotensive shock.

In addition to the Biaxin, Prilosec ALSO interacts with Procardia in the same way that Biaxin does.

Both medications allow for higher serum levels of the drug (procardia) into the blood stream thus magnifying it's effect.

If you are on procardia or similiar and have been prescribed the above triple treatment of antibiotics, please discuss it with your doctor. It seems mine had no clue of the possible interaction and potential threatening situation.

As for my H. Pylori, I'm not stuck on what I can do to cure it. I'm afraid of going on any further antibiotics. After much research, I've found several options that may help but none are definitive cures.

If you are looking for alternative options, research the following. (some have mixed reviews)

Matula Tea

Black currant oil & fish oil combo treatment

Mastic gum

foods that help to inhibit h. pylor growth:
broccolli, kale, cabbage juice (others too)
coconut oil
vitamins C
Green tea

I have an apt. with another gastro doc, but I am going to start the black currant oil, fish oil combo with some vitamin C!
Eating healthy servings of the above veggies daily and green tea at least twice a day.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-01-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Closed Thread