It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Now this !

Lactose intolerant test results are to be read by Consultant next week, although the nurse doing the test seemed to think i wasnt lactose intolerant.

My stomach is just a mess. But last week and again today i had an episode of bad pain in my lower stomach area which couldnt be moved by expelling wind (sorry) it made me feel nauseous and the other day it actually woke me up at 6am.

Today i walked in from work , i was hungry so made myself some soup i had not eaten anything most of the morning. Then this pain just started and got worse over a period of 20 mins. In the end i had to take some pain meds and it took the edge off it but my stomach is so sore to touch now.

Now the yuk bit..... i managed to do a small NO2 but its hard and like pebbles so im thinking maybe im constipated, im not very aware as i rarely have problems with constipation. The pain in my stomach di d ease a little after but i also took the pain meds so i dont know.

Im wondering if im constipated because i have virtually stopped all fruit and veg as it all makes my stomach hurt. I went straight out and bought some grapes and have eaten some. Im so depressed with this ongoing stomach issue.

im going to the doctor next week and i have no idea what to say to him, he needs to deal with this now for me, and not fob me off for another 6 months.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Now this !

Hi,
It sounds to me like you might have IBS.
What treatment have you had. Have you had an Endoscopy if so what did it show, if not then you may need one and possibly a Colonoscopy as well.
If you cant tolerate fruit and veg then you must drink more water. Also if constipated you could eat fresh or dried figs which are great for doing the works (2/3) per day and prunes are also good, I prefer the tinned ones in juice rather than syrup.
How long have you had problems with your stomach and are you seeing a Dr.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Now this !

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi,
It sounds to me like you might have IBS.
What treatment have you had. Have you had an Endoscopy if so what did it show, if not then you may need one and possibly a Colonoscopy as well.
If you cant tolerate fruit and veg then you must drink more water. Also if constipated you could eat fresh or dried figs which are great for doing the works (2/3) per day and prunes are also good, I prefer the tinned ones in juice rather than syrup.
How long have you had problems with your stomach and are you seeing a Dr.

Solofelix.
Hi
I've had mild problems on and off for years really. But it has got worse progressively since I had two lots of campylobacter over the last 2 years. I had a coloposcopy 3 months ago which just showed a small hiatus hernia. I had a colonoscopy about 2 years ago which was fine. All I know is my stomach feels wrecked, it hurts all the time, I've become constipated now where I wasn't before. The flatulence is crazy and getting embarrassing. It's making me really depressed. I brought forward my gastro appointment as each day is an endurance for me. I don't have much faith in him actually he never seems to have any answers but this time I'm not leaving his office until I get some more positive answers and something to relive the uncomfortableness I have every day.

Closed Thread