It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

kazkirk HB User
Chronic Pancreatitis/ Gallstones/ Its all in my head?

Hi! Im a 32 yr old female who needs input/advice!
A couple months ago I started feeling a gnawing feeling in my upper abdomen, nothing exciting, but there nonetheless. Slowly it got worse, then I started feeling nauseous too. I made an appt with my doc, thinking it could be stomach ulcers (Im under a LOT of stress currently!) Zantac did nothing, and my serum lipase came back elevated, so he ordered an ultrasound of my abdomen. In the meantime I started dry heaving/throwing up. Then I had the ultrasound and other lipase test. Both came back normal. Because of increased lipase, he ordered a HIDA scan of my gallbladder, which we are awaiting the results on. In the meantime, I feel sick a lot, dry heaving, occasional throwing up, gnawing feeling with no pain, upper abdomen feels like there is pressure and has discomfort, burping more than usual (mostly while dry heaving, not much on other times).

I dont really drink, as in maybe a 1/4 glass of wine here and there. I dont take any meds, Im not overweight, I eat healthy (lots of fresh fruits/veges/unprocessed meat). Im tired of feeling blah and I have this feeling the HIDA is going to come back clear. ANy insight or input?

Sad face :-(

Closed Thread