It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
(male)

Slickie HB User
Ouch. My right side hurts a lot. :(

Hi! I'm a 25-year-old guy. 5'10", 206 pounds.

These past 3 weeks have been difficult for me. It started as chest pain, so I feared for my heart. I had 3 EKGs done in the last 3 weeks (one at my clinic, another at an urgent care center when I panicked due to the pain and strange sensations a few days ago, and one at the hospital an hour later when they sent me along to the E.R.). I'm okay with my heart now. They also did two blood tests on me and everything's dandy.

But my body still hurts so much! About half the time, I feel a pressure in my abdomen, mainly out toward the sides and wrapping around to my back.

Sometimes the pain is relieved by eating. And other times, eating makes it worse. Sometimes I feel fine until I eat. It might just be random.

This morning was especially nerve-wracking because I had trouble sleeping last night due to the pain. I only got about 4 hours of rest. I also kept burping (or almost burping - I have acid reflux and I'm intimately acquainted with those burps that 'get lost' on their way to my mouth and never come out). These burps, though, had a distinctly iron-y taste to them. Like blood.

I started on Dexilant yesterday so I've only taken two doses. I hope I get some results from it, though I don't know if GERD can cause abdominal pain. The pain is hard to describe - a weird sort of hot pressure that makes me automatically do things like massage the affected area or pull my shirt away from my skin as though it were constricting me. This is definitely not my shirt's fault though.

Other weirdness I've dealt with lately includes breathing discomfort, sweating, and what feels like localized fever in my abdomen. However, I also suffer from anxiety, especially health worries. So who knows how much of this is real.

Going to the hospital the other day was a costly trip that is so far keeping me calm. I don't feel like my life is in mortal peril, but who knows how long that will last as long as I feel this poorly? This really hurts!

Since my blood work came back fine, what can it be? The only two things I can think of are GERD and ulcers. I'd google to see what else it could be, but that's not a good idea when you're a hypochondriac like me.

Thanks!

Last edited by Slickie; 10-12-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Ouch. My right side hurts a lot. :(

[QUOTE=Slickie;5071416]Hi! I'm a 25-year-old guy. 5'10", 206 pounds.

These past 3 weeks have been difficult for me. It started as chest pain, so I feared for my heart. I had 3 EKGs done in the last 3 weeks (one at my clinic, another at an urgent care center when I panicked due to the pain and strange sensations a few days ago, and one at the hospital an hour later when they sent me along to the E.R.). I'm okay with my heart now. They also did two blood tests on me and everything's dandy.

But my body still hurts so much! About half the time, I feel a pressure in my abdomen, mainly out toward the sides and wrapping around to my back.

Sometimes the pain is relieved by eating. And other times, eating makes it worse. Sometimes I

I started on Dexilant yesterday so I've only taken two doses. I hope I get some results from it, though I don't know if GERD describe - a weird sort of hot pressure that makes me automatically do things like massage the affected area or pull my shirt away from my skin as though it were constricting me. This is definitely not my shirt's fault though.

Other weirdness I've dealt with lately includes breathing discomfort, sweating, and what feels like localized fever in my abdomen,

It depends on a few things1.Is the side pain wrapping around to back above or below belly button? Below, it could be solar plexus like a kidney stone. Above, gallbladder pain is on right side under ribs but notoriously radiates to back. 2. Gerd, nausea, food feels like its in there, burping could be from lying down after eating, smoking &STRESS! 3. Esophageal spasms can cause chest pain but heart checks out fine 4. Appendix is on right dide but pain can travel to middle by belly button. is hot pressure located above or below belly button? There are hospitals usually county, city or catholic that take patients on ability to pay. Your school is college i guess. The "quack shack" ( just being funny, my kids called it that & so did their parents!) could at least tell you what quadrant each of your organs are in to give you some idea what it could be. Fear is a terrible thing and i think knowledge dispels fear. All this is just my opinion hoping that you can get answers.i hope that you get better! Will pray..and get on the phone and call to get info on a card that will get you care on a sliding scale or free. Thr ER @ county hospitals usually have the best advice on how to get card the quickest in my experience.

Closed Thread