It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
(male)

Stomachhope HB User
Red face Hope, help, faith are the only words that come to my mind now

I have this gnawing pain on left side of abdomen just below the left rib cage and spreads to sternum. Dr's diagnosed it as GERD few years back and put me on Pantaprazole 40 mg for 5 years and honestly I still used to get the pain while on medication even worse ( once a month on an average ) I stopped taking Pantaprazole from a year now and makes no difference( initially there was rebound acid) but the pain still comes on and off, starts slowly, then builds up and declines (a cycle of 1 week. )
The main characteristic of the pain is it increases when I stretch my body with arms up and at the same time makes me dizzy when stretching. Also whe I stretch I can feel the pain on my left side around my navel(belly button )and below sternum. My stomach also becoe bloated and can feel the shivers inside my body.I do not have diarrhoea or constipation. Performed endoscopy and everything comes back normal.I have months old kid to look after and this pain is making my life miserable. I just want to diagnose what it is and hope nothing serious.
I don't smoke and stopped alcohol.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
(female)

jojokdz HB User
Re: Hope, help, faith are the only words that come to my mind now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomachhope View Post
I have this gnawing pain on left side of abdomen just below the left rib cage and spreads to sternum. Dr's diagnosed it as GERD few years back and put me on Pantaprazole 40 mg for 5 years and honestly I still used to get the pain while on medication even worse ( once a month on an average ) I stopped taking Pantaprazole from a year now and makes no difference( initially there was rebound acid) but the pain still comes on and off, starts slowly, then builds up and declines (a cycle of 1 week. )
The main characteristic of the pain is it increases when I stretch my body with arms up and at the same time makes me dizzy when stretching. Also whe I stretch I can feel the pain on my left side around my navel(belly button )and below sternum. My stomach also becoe bloated and can feel the shivers inside my body.I do not have diarrhoea or constipation. Performed endoscopy and everything comes back normal.I have months old kid to look after and this pain is making my life miserable. I just want to diagnose what it is and hope nothing serious.
I don't smoke and stopped alcohol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

jojokdz HB User
Re: Hope, help, faith are the only words that come to my mind now

I have the same thing.. I have gerd/IBS. I also have severe anxiety.. I suffer with all three all the time, they work together to make my life miserable. About 5 weeks ago, I had a big stressful issue happen to our family, so it all started.. and I have never ever had it this bad. I got constipated which never usually happens, but my system I think went into shock.. I got so depressed. Then I get the rumbling in the upper left side of my stomach, with pain.. and in the center where my esphagus is?? there is discomfort.. I am afraid to eat.. it really sucks.. is this what u feel like too??

Closed Thread

Tags
abdominal issues, abdominal pain, bloated stomach, gas bloating, upper abdomen pain