It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
(female)

Megggggg HB User
Thumbs down A stuck burp? Lower chest and back pain? Minimal relief after burping.

lately i've been getting this inconfortable and strange feeling that something is stuck in my stomach or somewhere between stomach and intestnes. somewhere under my rib. it seems like it's air, so much of it that it feels like i have swallowed a baloon. i can hear sounds of gurgling, like it was water in there. it normally starts after just a few sips of any liquid. if it starts it lasts for the whole day, gets better and worse however some days are alright. i feel like i need to burp, sometimes i do but it's not complete. sometimes i also feel slight dull pain.
any ideas what this could be? is it air stuck somewhere or something is blocked that nothing goes through? sometimes i feel so bloated i can't tell whether it's food, or liquid or air in me, just a very big amount of something. i've tried wind relief medicine, charcoal, pepermint and other stuff, i take probiotics regulary but nothing seem to work...
by the way i lookied for info about hiatal hernia and some of my symptoms mach. does it sound like it could be this?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
(female)

cd04 HB User
Re: A stuck burp? Lower chest and back pain? Minimal relief after burping.

I know this threa is a few months old, but I am having the same issue, and I also have tried gas-x zantac and pepcid to no avail. I too am afraid I may have a hiatal hernia...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It does sound like a possible hiatal hernia. I would see your Dr and try to get confirmation. Sometimes a chest xray, lateral or side view, will show it. It can be managed with lifestyle changes and medications, rarely surgery is needed to fix it.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Angry Re: A stuck burp? Lower chest and back pain? Minimal relief after burping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cduval04 View Post
I know this threa is a few months old, but I am having the same issue, and I also have tried gas-x zantac and pepcid to no avail. I too am afraid I may have a hiatal hernia...
Do you have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing? Along with difficulty swallowing?

Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I have a Hiatal-Hernia and my symptoms are A feeling of regurgitating of food or drink.
Bout's of hiccup's that can last for quite some time.
Shortness of breath, especially after eating.
Some of your symptoms can relate to Gerd as well. Have you seen a Dr about this?...

Solofelix.

Closed Thread