It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
(male)

chaddjohnson HB User
Steak made me very sick... why?

After not having eaten steak for over three years, I ate 12 ounces of steak on Monday evening. That night, I had bad diarrhea and threw up (until I could not throw up anymore). The next day, I felt absolutely AWFUL. My energy was completely diminished, and I had diarrhea and threw up several more times.

My girlfriend and I ordered two different steaks and shared them, so I don't think it was ecoli or something wrong with the steaks. Both were cooked medium-well.

What are some reasons I may have gotten sick? Maybe my digestive system didn't have the enzymes necessary to properly digest the amount of steak I consumed?

Also, could this event have affected/weakened/damaged my heart?

Last edited by chaddjohnson; 10-24-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Steak made me very sick...why?

People who don't eat red meat regularly report this sort of thing happening when they do. It oculd also be a sign of g***bladder issues. If it happens again with any food, be sure to get checked by your doctor. And no, can't see where it could impact your heart.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Steak made me very sick... why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddjohnson View Post
... My girlfriend and I ordered two different steaks and shared them, so I don't think it was ecoli or something wrong with the steaks. ...
It still could have been "ecoli or something" if the problem was only with the portions of the steak, or salad, or dessert, that you ate.

Sorry that you weren't able to fully enjoy your first steak dinner in three years.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 10-25-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Closed Thread