It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

Apocalypse917 HB User
Bleeding, pain, no appetite, normal tests?

Hi,

In July I was seen in the emergency room because I felt like I was having a heart attack, the cardiologist did a stress test, my heart was great and he suggested that I talk to my doctor about heartburn and indigestion. I was put on Omeprazole, which I have not noticed any improvement in the way I feel. I completely lost my appetite, to the point that even looking at food made me feel like vomiting. (I have never had any eating disorders and I am not trying to lose weight or diet or anything of the sort). I got to where I could only eat like twice a week (even then I had to force myself to eat). The week of Labor Day I started bleeding rectally, a lot of blood, clots literally the size of my fist. This went on for 8 days. Then abruptly stopped. I had a rectal exam, they could find no cause for the bleeding, no tears, no pollops, no hemmoroids, nothing to show them where the bleeding was coming from but the doctor saw all the blood and at least documented it well (or I think my PCP would think I was insane). A few days after the bleeding stopped I started getting a really intense pain in my upper left abdominal area right under my ribs (it felt like something was trying to eat its way out of me). I have the most awful smelling gas. I force myself to eat at least twice a day every day and I have been doing that since the bleeding stopped. Every time I eat I have to run to the bathroom within minutes because it is like everything is just running straight through me. Since I had a normal colonoscopy earlier this year my doctor sent me for an endoscopy, which came back normal. I have had blood work done almost weekly, it is all normal. I have had CT scans and ultrasounds that also came back normal. Today I had a hepatobiliary scan. During the scan they gave me a second dose of the dye and a shot of morphine. The tech said it was because my gallbladder was not opening on its own to allow the bile in. She then went on to tell me that if the morphine worked then it was most likely chronic and if the morphine did not work it was acute (I cannot remember what she called the condition), she also told me that either way I would end up needing surgery. The radiologist read the test as normal. How can it be normal if they have to force it to open? I mean, shouldn't it open and allow bile in and out on its own? I am really frustrated and any suggestions would be great. I am sick and tired of being in constant pain and having to force myself to eat. I have lost nearly 40 lbs in the past two and a half months (not that I mind dropping a few pounds, but not so much so fast and not when I am not trying to lose any). I am also constantly tired, I have no physical energy, but plenty of mental energy. I get dizzy and lightheaded all the time. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread