It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

chacha60 HB User
Gastro Dr did EGD - said I am not absorbing nutrients

Many years ago I had gallbladder problems. A stent was placed and never removed. The gallbladder was finally removed the surgeon said she had to pull the liver from it she said it was a grey color. 6 months later I had my appendix removed.

Prior to all this they (at a teaching hospital - my husband was a professor) felt I was having Pancreases problems and gave me enzymes. They did tons of tests even said they thought I had an aneurysm in my trunk.

A year later the first Dr called and asked if they had ever removed the basket/stent - they had not. But no one has seemed concerned about that.

I changed Dr's and they said it was nothing more than IBS. Though I did have an Colonoscopy in 2010 where the Dr removed polyps - which he aid if left could have become cancerous.

Ever since I have had pain in my lower right abdomen a burning pain which radiates thru the hip and up the right side.

I had also been having all kinds of stool problems. So I went to see another Dr. who did an EGD and found I had scar tissue built up around the esophagus (I had reflux surgery a long time ago.) I also had gastritis. He did 3 biopsies which came back normal.

I was prescribed Creon Dr 12,000 2 cap each time I eat and Sandoz Cholestyramine 2xs a day.

I also have RSD and IC (Interstitial Cystitis) and take meds for that.

I have lost weight and get the burning on the right side. My Dr says it is impossible for it to be bile as it would have to go through so much of my small intestine.

The Sandoz Cholestyramine has stopped the diarrhea but I am now severely constipated. I am in pain all the time.

The Dr says I will be on these meds the rest of my life. I asked what happened to the stent and he said it passed. How does he know that?

What could be causing the lower abdomen and rt side burning? It appears to be episodic and causes my rsd to flare and keeps me up all night.

The Dr wants to put me on Imipramine, but i already take the below meds and I am not fond of antidepressants.

Medicines currently taking:
Clonazepam 1 mg 1 tab 2x’s a day or RSD/CRPS in right leg
Urogesic - blue tablet taken as needed every 6 to 8 hrs for symptoms of irritative voiding (Interstitial Cystitis)
Zolpidem Tart ER 12.5 1 tab a day - for sleep
Omeprazole Dr 20 mg capsule 2x’s a day before meal (Prilozec) indefinitely
Creon DR 12,000 units 2 capsules 3xs a day with meals
Cholestyramine Packet 1 packet in fluid 2xs a day

I know this seems like a lot. I have tried to make the best of it all and keep busy. But this is getting me down and I'm not sure what to do.

I am really not sure what I have or why I am on the Creon DR 12,000. I don't feel like I am being told everything.

I do not smoke or drink.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by chacha60; 11-18-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Sandoz Cholestyramine, Pancreatic stent, pancreatitis, Imipramine, Creon DR 12,000 unit, Cholestyramine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread