It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

Adaly07 HB User
duodenal (peptic)ulcer

I was wondering if anyone else had dealt withthis?
I am looking for relief and read somewhere that eating when a flareup happens can help ease symptoms?
I have been experincing excruciating pain under the breastbone, and it only starts after midnight, the pain lastd 5 to 6 hours, eventually i will throw up 2 or 3 times and willbe able to fall asleep for a couple hours, I know im getting ready to get an attack when my back starts to hurt .

The only way to even describe the uncomfortble pain is I feel like im in labor, I cant sit, lay down, i can walk but it hurts, i cant sleep, I ended up in the ER the other night and they gave me morhine for pain and did ultrasounds and blood work, They said liver, kidneys , pancreas and gallbladder look ok, but didnt mention if they found a bacteria in my blood workor even if they looked for it
My insurance doesnt kick in until january so I have to deal withthis until then

Currently i am taking 1 prilosec a day for 2 weeks, i take a swig of gaviscon every hour and I only eat crackers and drink water because im terrified eating will bring on another attack, I cant bear the pain, espeicaly when i get it every single night and it lasts 5 or 6 hours,

Closed Thread