It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
(female)

cyberv HB User
My husband is suffering SO badly!!!

First off, he has issues unless he eats something, but when he eats, no matter what it is....anywhere 15 to 30 minutes he is terrible pain, he says it feels like his whole stomach is knotting and twisting and burning... he has a good job but we have no insurance and he won't go to the ER...I am going to try some herbal remedies....I do a lot of that anyway, for ulcers....does it sound like ulcers?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
(female)

anna2012 HB User
Re: My husband is suffering SO badly!!!

If it's been a long-standing problem, maybe he has celiac disease. He could try a gluten-free diet and see if it helps.

Honestly, he might not be able to avoid going to the doctor. Maybe he could schedule an appointment with a regular doctor (instead of going to the ER), so it wouldn't be so expensive.

Not to scare you, but my father did this exact sort of thing- he had bad digestive problems and didn't want to go to the doctor. He was one of those manly men and would always say he was okay and shrug it off. When it finally became unignorable, he went to the doctor and found out he had colon cancer. It was much too advanced for them to do anything. The really sad thing is they said colon cancer is very treatable and slow growing. If he had gone to the doctor about his stomach problems anytime in the last 10 years, they might've been able to cure him. He died young, never saw my sister and I graduate from college, never got to go to our weddings and won't be there to see his grandkids. We miss him every day.

Tell your husband about my dad. His story certainly isn't unique, unfortunately.

The following user gives a hug of support to anna2012:
cyberv (11-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
(female)

cyberv HB User
Re: My husband is suffering SO badly!!!

He had his Gallbladder removed about five years ago as they thought that was it was and things were fine till about a year ago....it came back. We had an ER trip last year as he suddenly lost a lot of weight and felt terrible....they ran all kinds of tests, scans you name it....they found he has Emphysema......we have got his weight back up to normal and he feels great other than this stomach thing.......we'll try the gluten free diet and see what happens.......I'm so sorry about your dad.....my dad was like that too

Closed Thread