It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

Jess124 HB User
Gallstones or ulcer, help!

Hi everyone,
About 3 weeks ago I woke up one night with right shoulder pain, I had not done anything to aggravate it. I took muscle relaxants, ibuprofin, heat, ice, etc nothing worked. The pain got worse and I was having some indigestion, gassy and lots of stomach gurgling also. I was having occasional pain under my right rib but it usually went away. My doctor said to take prilosec (ive had gerd in past but always went away) and ordered xrays. Xrays were fine. The pain got worse and on Thanksgiving at my house I got a horrible headache, took 3 ibuprofin and then got really sick, chest hurting, vomitting, etc. I went to doctors again she said to take 2 prilosec a day and sent me to orthopedist. I mentioned an organ causing the pain but she didnt think that was it. I ended up going to urgent care one morning and after a thorough workup of bloodwork, chest xray, ultrasound of abdomen, urine test the doctor said no gallstones but sounds like maybe gallbladder is not functioning properly or maybe h pylori ulcer (bloodwork on that is not in yet) so he told me to see GI and take prilosec 2 times a day and the GI will likey order the hiba test to check functioning of gallbladder. Of course I cannot get in to the GI until January 10, over a month away. I am taking the prilosec only in the am and the pain is still there, not as severe but still painful. Yesterday I got a call from the office that my urine test showed a UTI. IVe never had a UTI in my life so ok Im on Cipro for that. Today I didnt take the prilosec as a test and I have gotten bad pains under my rib on the right side after eating. So is it an ulcer or gallbladder? I am thinking of calling my regular doctor to see if she can order the test for the gallbladder so I dont have to wait over a month while in pain. I should get the h pylori blood work test in a couple days. Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread