It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
(male)

dannyblues HB User
constant Upper left abdomen pain.

I'm having pain in upper left/ upper mid abdomen (under the rib)for more then two months. The pain is kind of dull and gives discomfort. It's constant nagging pain. Pain starts from upper left abdomen and sometimes (rare case) goes to back and sometimes even to my arm in severe cases
I have been diagnosed with H-pylori infection through endoscopy biopsy about one and half month back
GASTRIC BIOPSIES
- ACTIVE CHRONIC GASTRITIS, MILD ACTIVITY
- POSITIVE FOR SURFACE ORGANISMS MORPHOLOGICALLY CONSISTENT WITH
HELICOBACTER PYLORI BY DIFF- QUIK STAIN.

I also had following test done
1) Colonoscopy ( Showed healthy colon)
2) Ultrasound of abdomen (showed only fatty liver)
3) CT scan of abdomen ( Normal)

Three weeks back my doctor put me in triple therapy with 2 antibiotics : Amoxicillin + Clarithromycin and acid reducer :Omeprazole Magnesium 20 mg. After a week of treatment , I felt little better and pain became very mild for 4-5 days. But It came back again.The pain is not severe, but it is very dull and nagging pain. I contacted my doctor again and he ordered stronger Acid reducer pantoprozole (40mg) twice a day. I have not got much relief from the pain. One day I don't feel too much discomfort in abdomen, but next day again I start feeling discomfort. I have lost 3- 4 lbs since October. I'm eating very very simple food..non spicy..no alcohol, no caffeine, no tea, no dairy product...no meat..no fatty fried food...
I'm very worried about the abdomen pain and what to do next... My GI doc says gastritis should not cause the constant pain ..
Please share your thoughts and experience....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
(female)

WonderWomanof3 HB UserWonderWomanof3 HB User
Re: constant Upper left abdomen pain.

I too am trying to figure out what that type of "pain" is. It is more of a very uncomfortable feeling than pain.

I started having lower left quadrant pain back in April and went to the doctor in June because the pain was radiating up my abdomen and down my leg. Since then, it has morphed into stabbing lower left abdomen pain and that upper left feeling of a basket ball being under my ribs. Sometimes it gets very, very painful but it is usually always there as just an uncomfortable feeling. Often, I tilt to the right to make it feel better.

Since June, I have had two ultrasounds, a CT and most recently, a KUB. They found a scary looking cyst on my left ovary which was removed, but it didn't help the pain. They found a left kidney stone which was 5 mm but didn't think that would cause the pain. The second ultrasound showed that the kidney stone had grown to 1.3 cm in four months so I am having it blasted out next month. They tell me that this can all be kidney pain.

I also have gallbladder adenomyosis, whatever the heck that is, but that is on the right.

Everything else appears fine.

I also get shoulder pain occasionally when this basketball is acting up so makes me think it's gas but I do not have any other gastritis symptoms.

I have my GI app't next week and I'm sure he'll just schedule a colonoscopy and endoscopy. May be I'll get answers there.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post. I just wanted to let you know I'm going through the same thing and I'm working on getting it solved because I'm sick of this (yup! I am!). But did they mention anything about your kidney or kidney stones? Could that be a possibility?

Best wishes for a resolution.

Reply Reply