It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
(female)

dueuno HB User
gas every day now at 57 and very foul

Why do I have so much foul gas now and my poo is often like little pellets since age 57??

Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: gas every day now at 57 and very foul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dueuno View Post
Why do I have so much foul gas now and my poo is often like little pellets since age 57??
You're very constipated. When we pass gas and we haven't moved our bowels for more than 3 days in a row it becomes very foul smelling because of the bacteria and toxins that are building up in the colon that can't be expelled around a mass of stool.
Are you more sedentary than you were before ? Check the side effects from any medications you are taking because many of the medications cause constipation as a side effect especially pain medications.
You need to drink lots of water( 64 oz. per day) and slowly increase your fiber intake over a two week period to 25-30 grams a day. Having a daily set schedule for moving your bowels every day helps keep you from getting constipated. I hope this helps you.

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
dueuno (12-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply