It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

kh0702 HB User
Unhappy Throat Gurgles/Bloatedness/Can't Burp/Helicobacter Pylori?

Looking to see if anyone can help/has experienced anything similar...

For as long as I can remember I've not been able to burp.

I can get quite bloated after eating. It used to be after strong foods like garlic or onion or fizzy drinks, but now it can be after I eat or drink anything at all.

I can relieve this by making a gurgling noise that rises up to my throat.

I've always put the bloatedness and gurgling down to wind due to the fact that I can't burp, but I finally went to the docs after it went from happening frequently to pretty much everytime I ate...

He believes that it is not wind at all but is a build up of acid causing the bloatedness/gurgling. I explained to him that I didn't consider this as I've only had the acid reflux burning sensation in your throat twice in my life, but he still believes that this is likely the cause and the "only thing I'm missing by not being able to burp is a party piece". Nice.

He has prescribed me omeprazole which I have been taking for nearly 3 weeks now to no avail. I was also sent for a blood test to test for Helicobacter Pylori (he suggested this may be the cause of the build-up of acid in the first place) but have not had the results back for this as yet.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experience/problems/symptoms and where you have gotten with it to date?

Old 12-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
(female)

kh0702 HB User
Re: Throat Gurgles/Bloatedness/Can't Burp/Helicobacter Pylori?

Oh! Also, I am a 26 year old female with no other health problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
(male)

Florio HB User

How have you got on since your original post, kh0702?

I am a very young 52 year old male, and for the past few years have suffered from chronic pharyngitis. The couple of experts I've seen have put it down to acid reflux, but like you I've never actually suffered from heartburn etc, and so dismissed this theory.

I don't have problems burping, but I do get bloated very easily, even after drinking water.

I took the breath test for Helicobacter Pylori several years ago, and it was negative, but this was before I started having throat problems.

About a month ago I started (stupidly) taking some diet pills containing chilli powder, in an attempt to burn calories quickly (I have a tendency to put on weight very easily), and I don't know if it was due to these pills or to some frozen fish that I'd cooked in the microwave and that may not have been completely cooked, but I was very sick and vomited repeatedly for a day. Since then, my stomach has been extremely bloated, gurgling, and in constant movement, even if I can't say that I'm in pain (I've naturally stopped taking the diet pills).

I have an appointment to take the breath test again next Tuesday, and will be interested to see (and relieved) if the H.Pylori bacteria show up.

Let me know how you've been keeping.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
When I had H.Pylori I had some of your symptoms and more.
Regurgitation sensation of food after eating was my main symptom along with a washing machine sensation in my stomach and nausea. Burping was not a problem but that could be because I have a hiatal-hernia and that can cause burping.
It's difficult to say what you might have as an Endoscopy is the only way to find out for sure.
Your Dr is right to check for H.P and if it is that treatment is generally sucsesfull,

Solofelix.

Reply Reply