It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

chas9392 HB User
diagnosed with gastritis & h.pylori

Hi all,
I'm a 20 y/o female & I'm having crazy weird symptoms. Get comfortable because this is gonna take a bit.
On Nov. 11th , 2012 I went to the ER due to a huge bump in my left ear that was causing some really bad pain. It was an " infected black head " diagnosed as a boil; doc cut it , drained it & packed it gave me some antibiotics and pain meds and sent me on my way. ( i was satisfied w/ this ; thought everything would go back to normal... WRONG! By a LONG SHOT!) Anyways two days later otw to the ER to have packing removed i started having sudden extreme right lower abdomen pain.. told dof who was removing the packing about it & he diagnosed it as constipation. I knew he was wrong because I've been dealing with constipation since i was 12 so i went for a sec opinion and was told a cyst on my right ovary ruptured & that the blood would dry out & that was it. Well three days after that my heart started beating crazy(123 bpm) and i rushed to the er thinking i was dying they did an ekg, chest xray , everything came back normal... so they told me it was anxiety i was so mad bc they showed no compassion what's so ever!! Then 2 days after that visit i started getting a "balloon stuck feeling" in my upper abdomen between both ribcagescausing it to feel like i could barely breath so went back to er and was diagnosed with gastritis and a uti infection so i was like ok fine lets go with that then. Then a week later i was getting extremely tired , weak , felt like everytime i ate or drunk i had to burp to get it to go down or it would just stay stuck between my ribcage , I've lost 27 lbs with in the month of being sick , i always had thick mucous everytime i ate causing me to spit alot, i was getting horrible heart burn , so my mother rushed me back to the Dr. They admitted me i was severely dehydrated, blood pressure was 83/53 and i weighed 101lbs ( my height 5'4 and age 20 y/o female weight should be 124-130) i was severely backed up (constipated) they did all kinds of blood work : normal abdominal/chest x-ray : normal , vagina ultra sound : 4mm cyst on left ovary and an endoscopy : everything was normal ..so drptook biopsies tested for celiac disease , candida, and h.pylori all came back negative but the lovely h. Pylori... so in suppose to start my treatment on Tuesday or wednesday. But now my left tonsil is swollen , i feel like there's a band around my head and my left ear (where the boil was) feels like there's air in it.and still when i eat or drink i have to burp to feel like its going to my stomach. I have come to bout that when i do have a BM some of the pressure in my stomach is relieved. Also my stomach swells out like im 3-4 months pregnant. Everytime i eat. Theres slot of problems in this situation of mine i do know. I am not pregnant so pls no one ask. If anyone could try to shed some light or suggestions. In not asking for a diagnosis as i know none of us are drs. Any help or effort that's legitimate wouof be gratefully appreciated. Im lost,sad & angry i want the 20 yr old hap pp y female that was here in the beginning of Nov. My husband misses her too .
Thanks,
Chas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User
Re: diagnosed with gastritis & h.pylori

Chas, first let me tell you how bad I feel that someone as young as yourself is going through all of this. Unfortunately, acid reflux has so many nasty symptoms that most of what you described can be attributed to it. For example, my acid reflux was so bad that it was giving me a sore throat, my nostrils hurt when I would breathe through my nose, my teeth got sensitive just like when you bleach them and my ears were always clogged. At one time I even had one side of my tong tingling. And all of this due to acid reflux. My GI doctor did not think that many of these problems were due to it but soon after putting me on 40mg of Omeoprazole they disappeared. How strange is that, huh? I am still experiencing the other symptoms in my esophagus, LES and my stomach that are common to acid reflux, but as you can see, crazy stuff happens. I hope that your doctor puts you on PPIs to give you some relief. Oh yeah, I also tested positive for H.Pylori when they did the endoscopy and was put on two anti-biotics which have resolved some of the sharp pains that I was having in my stomach. As for my advice to you: please read up on what foods and liquids to eliminate from your diet and what foods, fruits, juices and natural supplements are good for you. I have started to take natural supplements as well as pro-biotics on top of my diet changes and it does help. I wish you luck and relief.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
(female)

gandc HB User
Re: diagnosed with gastritis & h.pylori

H Pylori can make everything in your system go whacky. It has all the symptoms you described and more. Also, if anything else is going on with your body (cyst) will be hard to deal with because your body is so busy trying to get rid of the bug in your tummy. Your gut is the "second brain" and controls so much...so if you have HP then you will feel awful. Do the treatment and then work hard to replenish your tummy with a probiotic and digestive enzymes. Drink lots and lots of water and eat fermented veggies (organic sauerkraut is the best for you). This bug really wrecks your health. Good news is that patience and rebuilding a healthy gut is a for sure possibility. Kill the bug and then rebuild your health through supplements and food. Best of luck to you and good health in 2013.

Closed Thread