It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
(female)

cabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB User
Re: high ejection rate on hida scan

Okay talked to surgeon this morning he says sounds like my problems are gb and since all other test shows nothing he is willing to remove gallbladder. He said i could make up my own mind what to do , either remove it or live with it . I have chose to remove it , cant keep living like this , i had to get jogging pants in the kids section saturday (weigh 102lb ) way to old to be wearing winnie the pooh or dora the explorer LOL . I am just tired of not feeling good all the time . Hope i have made the right choice. Surgery set for Thursday the 28th.

Last edited by cabin921; 02-22-2013 at 02:58 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to cabin921:
glojea (02-23-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Am so glad that you found someone to do this. It may not help, but it very well could and it seems you've covered all the bases in trying to locate the cause of the problem.

Will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing about your recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
cabin921 (02-22-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
(female)

glojea HB User

I am so happy for you Cabin921! I hope you feel as good as I do after it is over. I was surprised how quickly I felt good. Take it easy after your surgery and pamper yourself, you'll feel like a new person. No lifting over 10 lbs for a few weeks and gradually introduce fats into your diet. But I have to tell you...I had mine done on Dec. 21st and on Christmas Eve I had 6 cookies...I felt like I died and went to heaven! lol The cookies didn't seem to affect me much.....if I ate that many before my surgery, I would have been miserable. If you have any questions about surgery, just ask & I'll try to help as much as I can. Enjoy your last weekend with your gallbladder! gloria

The following user gives a hug of support to glojea:
cabin921 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #19
(female)

glojea , wanted to check in on you and see how your throat is now ? Thursday is getting closer for me and i am getting nervous. I have had alot of nausea the past few days and feel so tired and run down just plain old crappy lol. How was your post op after having your gb out ? Did you have any nausea , dizziness or other problems ? I am not so nervous about the surgery itself more about the after effects for the first few days . LOL Thanks , Kathy

Last edited by cabin921; 02-26-2013 at 01:15 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to cabin921:
glojea (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #20
(female)

glojea HB User

Hi Cabin921...I was just getting online to wish you luck & let you know you will be in my prayers on Thursday!
Yes, I was nervous also, but let me ease your mind.....I felt so horrible going into the hospital, sick to my stomach, dizzy, just downright crappy feeling. But as soon as I woke up in the recovery room, it was all gone, and I immediately felt good...it was really weird. The nurses told my husband that I was giving the 'thumbs up' sign & smiling when I was coming out of the anesthesia!
It was so strange to me, because when I was totally awake, I instantly felt better. I didn't expect to feel better so fast. The recovery wasn't that bad. I didn't need any pain pills for the first couple days. The 3rd day wasn't bad either, but my doctor suggested I take a pain pill to get my blood pressure down. I layed on the couch and watched movies all day, which was fun for me. The only thing that bothered me is when I coughed, it hurt, so hold a pillow over your belly if you have to cough...it helps a lot. Grab a pillow also if you have to sneeze. I wasn't nauseated or dizzy any more. It was great!
I also suggest eating light for a few days until your body gets use to not having a gallbladder. I still don't drink coffee. Every once in awhile I will have ice tea which is fine with me. I did have a little diahrea the first week, but now it is gone.
I had mine out 12/21 and was able to go to church & take part in Christmas Eve festivities at my brother's house.
My throat is still sore, but I really think my throat may have got scraped during the surgery, because I stressed to the anesthesiologist about not chipping the bridge I have. I don't think its reflux, because I feel good after I eat. But I do have an appt in April at the digestive center, just to make sure.
I am so excited for you! Please know that I will be praying for you most of the day on the 28th.. so that you feel as good as I do!
Take care and please keep in touch!
gloria

Old 06-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #21
(female)

alligaulin HB User

For those of you that had your gallbladders out despite a "normal" HIDA scan, what other markers did you see? Abnormal blood tests and if so which areas? Gallstones? Did they remove based on symptoms only?

I am coming up with mostly normal tests (except for slightly elevated total bilirubin) yet I am sick most of the time. The total bilirubin is the first clue to the possibility of gallbladder issues so I have not yet had a HIDA scan. My symptoms are not typical gallbladder (mild nausea and bloating, severe reflux that is not acidic, overwhelming fatigue, nutcracker esophagus, dyspepsia, vertigo, belching; but rarely headaches, no abdominal pain, (cramps once in awhile), no diarrhea, no dark stool. )

I'm trying to solve a mystery. Gallbladder is probably unlikely but I'm desperate and need to explore every clue.

Thanks for your help!

Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #22
(female)

I had all bloodwork normal , ultra sound normal , upper scope normal , biop for h phlori normal and hida scan was 92% and was marked as normal. If you read my past post you will see the symptoms i had . Since my surgery i have been so much better and can eat pretty much what ever i want but have over eat a couple times and didnt feel so good afterwards LOL my fault. Before surgery i had dropped to 98 pounds had my surgery Feb 28th , i now weight 102 not gaining as much as fast as i was hoping but at least i am moving in the right direction. Hope you find answers to was is going on with you. If you have a hida scan score above 75% it could be gb issues.

Last edited by cabin921; 06-09-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Closed Thread