It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
(female)

Emmkaybee22 HB User
Chronic nausea and pain. HELP

I am a 21 yr old female who has been suffering from chronic nausea, severe pain in my lower right quadrant, changing between constipation and diarrhea. I have been everywhere (University of Chicago, Northwestern, Mayo Clinic, etc.) and nearly every GI test has been run. CT, X-ray, MRI, emptying studies, HIDA, blood tests, endoscopy, laparoscopy, and more. You name it, it's been done, and nothing has been conclusive. Or if it has, the problem has not gone away. My first emptying study came up with gastroparesis, but once I had a second one done, it came up with normal results. I was put on domperidone which really helped my nausea, but I started producing (and leaking) breast milk. I was then diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction and chronic constipation at Mayo Clinic. They said once I started having daily bowel movements, my pain and nausea would go away. FALSE! Here I am, 6 months later, still having the same problems. I went to my local hospital in Dayton,OH with the most severe pain yet. They decided to do a laparoscopy. They ended up taking out my appendix (to prevent that from causing future problems) and found endometriosis. I am a beginning stage 2, so they cauterized it off and I am on my way. It's been weeks now and I am still nauseated every day, especially after meals. I haven't noticed any foods that make it better/worse. The pain is back and even worse than before, now spanning across my entire pelvic area. I'm losing all interest in life and I feel so alone. Has anyone else had this? I want to know I'm not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

cansumbodyhelp HB User
Re: Chronic nausea and pain. HELP

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles! As bad as you feel now, be happy that your endometriosis has been diagnosed relatively early. I have been dealing with it since I was 13, diagnosed at 27. It is often misdiagnosed as I'm sure you've learned. In my earlier years I had tremendous pain with my cycle, debilitating migraines, and many ruptured cysts over the years. I am currently waiting to have my 3rd laproscopy done to see if it has now grown on to my stomach and bowels because I am having unexplained nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and the tremendous pain all over my abdomen. My advice for you is to find an ob who specializes in endo (which may take you to and infertility doc because it is so common in those who suffer with this) and try the medication route to limit your estrogen production. Good luck in your journey! I hope you find help and can get you on to living the full life you should be living!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
endometriosis, nausea, pain