It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

ilovemusic3001 HB User
Nausea at any time of day...

I just have random nausea at any time of the day or night, and I don't know why. I went to the doctor, and he said it was just anxiety, but I'm not so sure. (Not saying he was lying or anything, I'm just not sure if that's what's causing it exactly, or if it's something else as well.) Like, last night, I was lying in bed, trying to go to sleep, and I was nauseated. Didn't throw up or anything, just nauested. I did that thing where you rub that space between your thumb, and it went away. But still, what is causing this?

It started after late July 2011 when I had food posioning from a bad taco. Ever since then, this has been happening. It will also happen after I eat something. I don't know exact triggers, I'm not good at keeping track at that stuff. But, if I eat something, and I was feeling fine before eating said food, I get that feeling.

Oh, and also, today (January 2nd 2013) my mouth tasted like vomit. You know that taste you get after you puke? That's what it tasted like, even though I didn't throw up, and felt fine.

Only some days this nausea happens. Not every day.
Thanks if you can help!! I only joined so I could post this lol...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Nausea at any time of day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemusic3001 View Post
I just have random nausea at any time of the day or night, and I don't know why. I went to the doctor, and he said it was just anxiety, but I'm not so sure. (Not saying he was lying or anything, I'm just not sure if that's what's causing it exactly, or if it's something else as well.) Like, last night, I was lying in bed, trying to go to sleep, and I was nauseated. Didn't throw up or anything, just nauested. I did that thing where you rub that space between your thumb, and it went away. But still, what is causing this?

It started after late July 2011 when I had food posioning from a bad taco. Ever since then, this has been happening. It will also happen after I eat something. I don't know exact triggers, I'm not good at keeping track at that stuff. But, if I eat something, and I was feeling fine before eating said food, I get that feeling.

Oh, and also, today (January 2nd 2013) my mouth tasted like vomit. You know that taste you get after you puke? That's what it tasted like, even though I didn't throw up, and felt fine.

Only some days this nausea happens. Not every day.
Thanks if you can help!! I only joined so I could post this lol...
It's most likely acid reflux. Don't lie down for 2-3 hours after eating,sleep with your head elevated with wedge pillow or bed risers,don't eat after 8 pm. Stay away from acidic,fatty,greasy,gassy,and spicy foods as they raise havoc with acid reflux. soda can aggravate acidic reflux ans as well as coffee and black tea.

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
ilovemusic3001 (01-03-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
(female)

ilovemusic3001 HB User
Re: Nausea at any time of day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
It's most likely acid reflux. Don't lie down for 2-3 hours after eating,sleep with your head elevated with wedge pillow or bed risers,don't eat after 8 pm. Stay away from acidic,fatty,greasy,gassy,and spicy foods as they raise havoc with acid reflux. soda can aggravate acidic reflux ans as well as coffee and black tea.
Thanks!! This helps a lot!!

Closed Thread