It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

harleyhuny27 HB User
New here and really need some advice

This is gonna be kinda long and I appreciate anyone that reads this and pray someone can advise with my issues. I have severe panic/anxiety disorder, along with acid reflux, I had an endoscopy done in July my GI said all was fine except my esophagus is hyper sensitive (nerves) probably due to my anxiety. He stretched my esophagus and increased my PPI's. all was well until about Nov. when I began having terrible burning throat pain. The pain spread from my throat into my stomach, with a banding pain all the way around my midsection and between my shoulder blades. At times I have had severe left side pain, then other times right side pains. I am having trouble with BM (not happening) extreme gas pains (but no passing) Finally went to my MD. Sure it was my gallblader she sent me for an ultrasound. Liver, kidneys, pancreas, and gallbladder all working fine. I have adjusted my eating habits, bland foods, no soda, no coffee etc. But I am still in so much pain and burning, sometimes it gives me shortness of breath. My MD said all she could tell me was to take a laxative and go back to my GI. Which I will but I can not go until the end of the month since I have no money to pay now. In the meantime, I hope someone can give me suggestions...Thank you

Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: New here and really need some advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhuny27 View Post
This is gonna be kinda long and I appreciate anyone that reads this and pray someone can advise with my issues. I have severe panic/anxiety disorder, along with acid reflux, I had an endoscopy done in July my GI said all was fine except my esophagus is hyper sensitive (nerves) probably due to my anxiety. He stretched my esophagus and increased my PPI's. all was well until about Nov. when I began having terrible burning throat pain. The pain spread from my throat into my stomach, with a banding pain all the way around my midsection and between my shoulder blades. At times I have had severe left side pain, then other times right side pains. I am having trouble with BM (not happening) extreme gas pains (but no passing) Finally went to my MD. Sure it was my gallblader she sent me for an ultrasound. Liver, kidneys, pancreas, and gallbladder all working fine. I have adjusted my eating habits, bland foods, no soda, no coffee etc. But I am still in so much pain and burning, sometimes it gives me shortness of breath. My MD said all she could tell me was to take a laxative and go back to my GI. Which I will but I can not go until the end of the month since I have no money to pay now. In the meantime, I hope someone can give me suggestions...Thank you
Try using Acid ease,digestive enzymes,L-glutamine and a prbiotic in addition to your acid reflux medicine. These can be found at the Vitamin Shoppe iwth their store brand. I was using these safely twice a day in addition to 30 mg of prilosec when my acid reflux was at it's worst. It did help a lot !
Using a fiber supplement like Citrucel or metamucil 3 times a day can help keep your BM's soft and help maintain regularity. Make sure you drink at least 1 8 oz. glass of water after each dose. 1 8 oz. glass of water before helps push it through the colon faster. drink at least 64 oz. a day of water, eat 25-30 grams of fiber daily and take the Citrucel 3 times a day and you won't have a problem moving your bowels regularly.
Sleep with your head elevated either with a wedge pillow or by using bed risers. Don't lie down for at least 2-3 hours after eating. Don't eat after 8 pm. Stay away from acidic,gassy,spicy foods as they raise havoc with acid reflux. I am telling you all of this because I have acid refluz,chronic constipation,and IBS and have had to learn to change my diet,life style,and bad bowel habits to keep all these at bay as much as possible. I hope this will help you !

The following user gives a hug of support to flipfleury:
harleyhuny27 (01-05-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #3
(female)

Miche12 HB User
Re: New here and really need some advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhuny27 View Post

Hello there.

I suffered through these pains for a few years before my doctor caught the problem. It's absolutely crippling, and I'm sorry that you're going through it.

The problem with me was indeed my gallbladder. The doctors that I was seeing at the time didn't catch it until they happened to find a gall stone being passed during one of my ultra sounds. I ended up having the darn thing removed (thank you God), and my problems stopped.

One tell tale sign of gallbladder stones is diarrhea. It won't be very liquid-y, per say, but it will be green. I had that the day that I went into surgery for my gallbladder. It was, however, the first time that I'd had it, so it took a few years for that to show up in me. It may not be this way for all people, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I hope that this helps you somehow. I'll count you in my prayers.

Good luck, and God bless.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miche12 For This Useful Post:
harleyhuny27 (01-06-2013)
Closed Thread