It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
(male)

GTA Dad HB User
Gastritis?

These boards seem to be a wealth of information and I was hoping to be able to discuss with others tummy pain in kids. My daughter is 10 years old and a few years ago she started complaining about feeling nauseous. She then became a very picky eater. I kept track of all the things she ate and never came up with anything in particular that caused her tummy pain. He doctor seemed unconcerned about it.

She also began to complain about having difficulty breathing at times. She'd have to take deep breaths and after a while the feeling would go away. She had allergy tests done and was given a few inhalers...which never did anything to help in my opinion. She also complains of a "full feeling" in her throat which makes it hard to swallow sometimes.

The symptoms would come and go, but recently they got bad again. The stomach pain worsened to the point where she'd come home from school early. A recent trip to the doctor and she said it could be Gastritis. She started her on 5ml of Zantac twice a day, so we will see if that helps.

It seems that could be the problem, but there were no tests done. Anyone else have experience with these symptoms and Gastritis? I'm hoping that we've finally figured this thing out!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

AlaWu HB User
Re: Gastritis?

I can't help you with the words, but I hope she will get better soon! All the best for you two.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
(female)

Ranah8 HB User
Re: Gastritis?

Aw dear I hope she gets well soon. she's too young for this

I was/am diagnosed with Gastritis in December and I am on my way to healing. It's all about diet really. Don't worry eventually she will get rid of it.

If you found her stool being too dark or any sign of blood take a stool sample to H. Pylori test. Don't worry it's nothing serious just a bacteria that could be the reason for her Gastritis, and if the test is positive then he will add another medication to Zantac.

I know it might sound gimmick but if your daughter likes pomegranate make her eat a lot! I have it daily no matter what I eat I feel better after that, it prevents that "nausea" and "fullness" feeling that she feels.

Don't make her eat any hot food, leave it all till it's warm.

She can enjoy jello and pudding if she likes them, they sooth the stomach inflammation.

I am posting a long detailed story of my gastritis and I hope it helps.

God bless her

Closed Thread