It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: China
Posts: 7
Vtecturbo HB User
Chest burbles/flutters/vibration/?? What is that??!! Help!

Dear all
I'm new to this forum and appreciate if anyone could share advise and experiences.

I have a issue with my chest area for about 2 months. I can feel a gas thump in the middle of my chest. when i bend over or chin down (look down) over and getting heart flips or flutters that only last for one second.I also get this if I slouch down while sitting and once I look up, that "flip" or electric jolt feel wil appear !!!

I don have heartburn , no pain or other gerd classic symptoms. I went to the doc n was given medi for gerd n gastritis. My digestion improve but that annoying feeling did not go away !!! I felt the burbles in my esophagus that seems like one second vibrations or flutters n sometimes gives me an urge to cough.

I feel best when laying down on bed n never felt it when laying flat.

Can someone pls advise me what this is actually?!!! I'm soooo worried and can't seem to lead a normal life with all this in my head!!! It has drained my life away...

 
Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)
 
Stretch1one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 341
Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: Chest burbles/flutters/vibration/?? What is that??!! Help!

Well of course I'm no dr but you should of course get a clean bill of health on your heart first if that's clear I have some ideas
I have very similar things happening to me I have a hiatal hernai that's slides up and down that causes these feeling for me I have been to the dr and sent to the heart dr all there is clear. I also have gas issue that cause this gurgling feeling in my chest. Hope this helps good luck

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Hampshire USA
Posts: 134
momoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB User
Re: Chest burbles/flutters/vibration/?? What is that??!! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecturbo View Post
Dear all
I'm new to this forum and appreciate if anyone could share advise and experiences.

I have a issue with my chest area for about 2 months. I can feel a gas thump in the middle of my chest. when i bend over or chin down (look down) over and getting heart flips or flutters that only last for one second.I also get this if I slouch down while sitting and once I look up, that "flip" or electric jolt feel wil appear !!!

I don have heartburn , no pain or other gerd classic symptoms. I went to the doc n was given medi for gerd n gastritis. My digestion improve but that annoying feeling did not go away !!! I felt the burbles in my esophagus that seems like one second vibrations or flutters n sometimes gives me an urge to cough.

I feel best when laying down on bed n never felt it when laying flat.

Can someone pls advise me what this is actually?!!! I'm soooo worried and can't seem to lead a normal life with all this in my head!!! It has drained my life away...
You are experiencing the same exact thing I went through. where you cannot tell if it is gas or your heart ? Everytime mine does it I have to cough . Bending over triggers it and also a full stomach does as well. I was in and out of the hospital thinking I was dying. The last time I went was because I started with the flutter feeling and what happened is it did not stop and my heart kept racing with that for about half an hour. Finally saw a cardiologist and what I can tell you is it is NOT serious. He told me anything having to do with your heart as long as you dont get pain , pass out , cant breathe , it is not something that is considered dangerous. The way he explained it to me was my heart was " misfiring" sending it into a type of fibrillation. I had what you are experiencing so many times a day and then after about a year it turned into the flutters lasting longer. The coughing or burping actually restarts it back to normal rhythm. It DOES however have a link to digestion and your vagal nerve. I noticed like I said before that if I had eaten and bent over it happened more often. I started taking GERD medication and it helped a lot . All I can say is it would not hurt to go and get checked out but from my experience though extremely scary , it will not kill you. I have learned the less anxiety I have over it , the less I think about it , the less I have them and I hardly have any now .

 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)
 
Stretch1one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 341
Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: Chest burbles/flutters/vibration/?? What is that??!! Help!

The cardiologist I saw gave me a echocardiogram and a stress test on the treadmill he said my heart was fine and told me when my hiatal hernia slides in and out from eating in made me feel like my heart was missing a beat because of the vagus nerve they share a nerve with the heart and stomach giving me anxiety. But for me when it happens daily almost it feels like a heart attack I also get a lot of gas trapped from my hiatal hernia which all cause all sorts of weird things.

 
Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: China
Posts: 7
Vtecturbo HB User
Re: Chest burbles/flutters/vibration/?? What is that??!! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch1one View Post
The cardiologist I saw gave me a echocardiogram and a stress test on the treadmill he said my heart was fine and told me when my hiatal hernia slides in and out from eating in made me feel like my heart was missing a beat because of the vagus nerve they share a nerve with the heart and stomach giving me anxiety. But for me when it happens daily almost it feels like a heart attack I also get a lot of gas trapped from my hiatal hernia which all cause all sorts of weird things.
Thanks for sharing. May I know How long have u been having this issue? What had caused your hiatal hernia? And what did the doctor advise u now?

 
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)
 
Stretch1one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 341
Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: Chest burbles/flutters/vibration/?? What is that??!! Help!

Funny as I read this cause I had just eating and am having the issue right now but I am use to it. I have had the hiatal hernai since January of last year well atleast that's when it was discovered my GI dr said they can be hard to find at all cause they will slide in and out and may not be seen. So it may have been there much longer because I have had the symtoms for three years. My dr advise was there's not much to do about he hiatal hernai cause it was small and was not warranted any action as long as it does not get worse and I can get use to it basically wow what options but he did say to eat smaller meals ad more frequent and to take gas pills as needed not much help to be honest sons ce I've had my heart checked out I am much less anxious so im in a pretty good place for now.

 
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: China
Posts: 7
Vtecturbo HB User
Re: Chest burbles/flutters/vibration/?? What is that??!! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch1one View Post
Funny as I read this cause I had just eating and am having the issue right now but I am use to it. I have had the hiatal hernai since January of last year well atleast that's when it was discovered my GI dr said they can be hard to find at all cause they will slide in and out and may not be seen. So it may have been there much longer because I have had the symtoms for three years. My dr advise was there's not much to do about he hiatal hernai cause it was small and was not warranted any action as long as it does not get worse and I can get use to it basically wow what options but he did say to eat smaller meals ad more frequent and to take gas pills as needed not much help to be honest sons ce I've had my heart checked out I am much less anxious so im in a pretty good place for now.
Do u realized if u focus on it more often it the weird symptoms will appear more? I'm not sure. But I can feel your situation very much. One doctor told me :" if u keep thinking or focusing on it, there is a chance that u will not recover for the rest of your life" I tried n distract myself. I mean who wants to think of it if "it" isn't there right??!!

However there is one weird thing I found out. I felt extremely fine when laying down or sitting , sleeping. The symptoms rarely occur at all.
What bout u?

 
Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)
 
Stretch1one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 341
Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: Chest burbles/flutters/vibration/?? What is that??!! Help!

I have no issues sleeping or laying down but I still sometimes get it when I sit down with my feet up. I know it's hard not to focus on it and yes thinking of it only adds to or makes it worse. I try to stay busy when I have issue it does help. I just take it one day at a time.

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:17 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!