It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

memser HB User
Unhappy Had every test in the book and can't figure out what is wrong!!??

I am 33 year old female. I have been having digestive issues for a couple of months. About 2 and a half months ago I came down with what the dr's think was a virus. I had achy lymph nodes and body aches and some trouble catching my breath for like a week. They thought it was bronchitis at first and gave me a z-pack. It did not help. Slowly the lymph node and body aches went away but I began burping a lot, having a lot of single hiccups, which is odd for me. Then it progressed to chest pain, burning, reflux type symptoms. Then it began to where I would get sick sometimes when I eat. Sometimes just nauseous but other times I would throw up too. It is still going on. I get nauseous a lot, have stomach aches and middle of the back aches after eating. Still having reflux symptoms, feel like food is sitting in my esophagus a lot. Tried zantac and prilosec and Dexilant with no help. Also tried DGL and Aloe Vera juice, tums and maalox. I have been hospitalized 3 times in the past 3 weeks because I became so dehydrated and weak from not being able to eat. Here is the list of tests I had done:

numerous bloodwork
3 chest x-rays
complete upper abdominal ultrasound
abdominal CT
upper gi/small bowel series
gastric emptying study
HIDA scan
endoscopy

They have found nothing wrong with any of the tests! I am at a loss for what to do...the dr's say there isn't any other tests they can run.

What could this be? The past couple days I have not been throwing up and have been able to eat 3-4 small meals. I was only nauseous since Friday just this morning when I woke up and then it mostly subsided. I am still dealing with the stomach aching/middle back pain though. Oh, and the constant burping/hiccups and sometimes feel like food is still sitting in my esophagus, but not every time I eat. The middle back pain hasn't been going on the entire 2 months I have been dealing with this though, it's a newer symptom that has started this week. It may be that that is unrelated and just that I am having back pain from laying down so much in the hospital recently. I have no idea anymore and can't make sense of what's going on in my body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
(male)

Killkenny64 HB User
Re: Had every test in the book and can't figure out what is wrong!!??

Sounds to me like you are allergic to something you are eating and your body is rejecting it.. Try eliminating one thing from your diet at a time for at least 2 wks and see if that makes a difference ? Keep doing that until you have gone thru everything that you normally eat..
Next to this if nothing is successful try going to a dietrician and explain your situation they have different eating plans that may help.. Or even go see a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine they sometimes have a different approach that might help..

Good Luck !

Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

What was your score on the HIDA scan?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
(female)

memser HB User

My hida was 81%. I am going to an allergist this week to see if we can find anything. I am trying to cut out gluten and seeing if that helps. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

I went almost the same thing except mine was just nausea for over a year went thru all the gastro test then all of a sudden it went away. They put me on cipro for an uti I don't know if that helped it but I had terrible reactions to that severe rib pains, weak ankles fell and twisted my ankle. Still dealing with the terrible pain but don't have the nausea at least.

Just keep on trying is all I have to say. Cathy

Pa I wanted to add that I started a probiotic everyday and also take a food enzme before each mesh which is supposed to break down the food.

Last edited by noevr; 01-23-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
(female)

cabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB User

You might do some research on hyperkinetic gallbladder (Overactive Gallbladder ) . I have been having symptoms like yours and my hida scan showed 92% but was marked normal by the radio. and was told by my doctor it was normal. My niece is a N.P. and told me anything over 75% was hyper and is pushing out too much bile and making me sick. Just something you might want to check into. I have an app with a surgeon feb. 13 to see what he says about it , my niece had a 93% on her hida and this surgeon took hers out and she has had no more problems.

Last edited by cabin921; 01-23-2013 at 06:56 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to cabin921:
Titchou (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, overactive is above 75%. You should see another doctor - a surgeon and see if he will remove it.

Closed Thread

Tags
nausea, reflux, stomach pain, vomiting