It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
(male)

gordon7 HB User
Angry Constant upper abdomen pain, loss of appetite

Hello friends!

Desperately looking for help. I've been through a lot of pain and after dealing with 2 GIs still have no diagnosis. I had endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound, and CT done. All came back normal. No abnormalities in the blood test. My pain is mostly right bellow the rib cage on both left and right. Sometimes I feel pain behind my breast bone, and sometimes on the right middle of abdomen. It all started few weeks ago and nothing seems to make it go away. I'm trying to eat only bland food like oatmeal in the morning, boiled fish, chicken and boiled potato, banana once a day. No bread, drinking plenty of water, carrot juice. GIs can't tell what's wrong with me. Felt so bad so went to ER on Saturday they did the blood work and CT scan. During the CT scan they found a restriction in my left kidney so I'll get that checked out ASAP but this is not likely be causing my abdominal pain. I'm getting desperate, hardly sleeping, eating very little and lost almost 20 Lbs already. Looks like I have a condition that's is not easily diagnosed and might take a lot of research but GIs don't want to waste their valuable time to dig into it.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Re: Constant upper abdomen pain, loss of appetite

Could it be your pancrease?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
(male)

gordon7 HB User

Neither blood tests or any other tests I've done so far show anything wrong with pancreas. Any other ideas?

Old 01-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Gallbladder? Have you had a HIDA scan?

Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
(male)

gordon7 HB User

No I didn't have HIDA scan and my GI doesn't think that gallbladder is a problem since blood tests, ultrasound, and CT didn't find any gallbladder problems. My pain is also seems to be a bit different from typical gallbladder symptoms.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
(male)

gordon7 HB User

Is there a possibility that I have pancreatitis or they would see it after all the tests I've done?

Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 AM   #7
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User

Hi, There is a chance but your blood work would show something. White blood cells would be elevated, and you lipase and amyalase would be high. I'm not sure what the cat scan for but the pancreas hides behind your stomach and is hard to see if you are specifically looking for it Are you vomiting or have a slight fever? The pain I experienced with the pancreas takes your breathe away, very severe but every one is different. Get checked again! Also maybe IBS. Feel better.

Last edited by NJLinda; 01-30-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User

I went through the same things. Had all the same tests. Everyone said it wasn't my gallbladder, because I didn't have stones. The pain finally became so bad that I couldn't eat anything, and my weight dropped to 80 pounds. They did a HIDA scan and found that my gallbladder was functioning at 8%. CT scans and ultrasounds don't find "infected" gallbladders. Once I had gallbladder surgery, life was back to normal.

Closed Thread

Tags
abdomen pain, loss of appetite