It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
(male)

Bigspike HB User
Question dr thinks i have an ulcer...

so i have to go on thursday for 2 procedures don't know the name but 1 is the tube down my throat & also getting a colonoscopy (spelling)? well i'm sure you all know what i mean. so i have to stop eating in an hr or so and i just know i'm going to have a massive problem not having anything in my stomach,i bought the crap they said i can have,soup broth,hard candy,jello but is there anything that i can take to kinda suppress my appetite for the day??? i know 1 day doesn't sound like a long time but it's going to be for me,also i have chronic neck and back pain and have been taking meds for like 10 yrs now and i think they may have just made my stomach worse!!! So this is really going to be difficult for me to do just for the fact that my stomach will be empty and i hope i won't throw up the stuff i have to take before the almighty tube weaves it's way through my innards,so any advice on any appetite suppressing ideas that are clear and not red or purple lol would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: dr thinks i have an ulcer...

My only suggestion is that you rescedule your endoscopy and colonoscopy for first thing in the morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I agree about having the procedure done in the morning.
I have had two ulcers amd have had four Endoscopys and two Colonoscopys.
It is extreemly important you eat the foods on the diet sheet and take the medication correctly.
It isn't that difficult I have done it four times, and so have many others and we have not suffered in any way because of it.
The last E & C I had whilst waiting for my turn the man in front of me was sent home because he had not followed the procedure before the test, so then he had to be resceduled, probably lost a days pay if he was working.
Do exactly as requested and you will be fine, I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
(male)

Bigspike HB User

ok thanks for info it is set for 11am i guess that was the earliest they had...so far so good,1 hr till i have to drink the "liquid" for the 1st time i guess that will be the real test,just hope i can keep it down,my belly is a mess right now so drinking some ginger ale. Well gonna pray i can keep this stuff in me without any food in me but i have no choice,just really kinda scared never have had any kind of major problems till now so...1 hr till the real test comes drinking that prep stuff!!! thnx again for help you 2 lol i don't want to go to the hospital and do this. mike

Old 01-31-2013, 03:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspike View Post
ok thanks for info it is set for 11am i guess that was the earliest they had...so far so good,1 hr till i have to drink the "liquid" for the 1st time i guess that will be the real test,just hope i can keep it down,my belly is a mess right now so drinking some ginger ale. Well gonna pray i can keep this stuff in me without any food in me but i have no choice,just really kinda scared never have had any kind of major problems till now so...1 hr till the real test comes drinking that prep stuff!!! thnx again for help you 2 lol i don't want to go to the hospital and do this. mike

Hi Bigspike,

Hope all went well for you and keep us informed what was diagnosed.
With the appropriate medication you should soon be feeling a lot better.
Every Good Wish,

Solofelix.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
(male)

Bigspike HB User

hi 1st i gotta say a BIG thank you for replying to my bs...ok colon is fine no probs the only prob i have is my esophagus is really messed up i have very bad acid re flux and he gave me pills to take for it,i don't have to change what i eat or anything just take the pills. Hopefully in 3months i should be ok i have to tell ya's i was scared ******** going in i was like almost in tears from all this,never had any major probs ever,so to find this out today was a HUGE relief!!! so hopefully the pills will help and i will be done with this,i am basically a big guy but a wuss when it comes to medical stuff so i was sooooo relieved i didn't have anything else wrong TYVM solo for replying,you don't know this but it really did help what you told me,i really do appreciate what you told me it helped,it wasn't easy for me it really was a struggle to do this so i just wanted to say THANK YOU and wish you the best,i have this page bookmarked so i'm sure i will be back!!! THANK YOU AGAIN for taking the time to write and give me advice...it has restored my faith that there are some decent people left in this messed up world,take care talk to ya soon,mike

Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

Happy to hear that you are relieved. Great news!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Bigspike,
Anyone going for your procedure for the first time would be scared. I think you did great and I'm glad it went OK. As I said I have had four Endoscopys and two Colonoscopys and would still be nervous of another even though I know what it's like now.
I wish you well with your medication and you might look up diets for Acid Reflux which may help you.
Any time you have a worry or want advice we are here to offer it willingly if we can,
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread