It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Just wondering why?

I was diagnosed with a hiatel hernia 10 years ago, took meds, pain stopped for years, for the past year, I have been vomiting, nauseas, upper abdominal pain and burning, a feeling of something stuck in my abdomen, choke on food and someties liquid. I finally had an egd and colonscopy, doctor came in after I woke up and said no cancer but he did a couple of biopsies, why would he take those if he didnt see any cancer? I go back next week for results, I was just curious why he would do that if h
e didnt see anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User
Re: Just wondering why?

My EGD came back fine, but he also did some biopsies. It's just to check for some pre-cancer conditions. Did your doctor check for gallbladder problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi, thanks for responding, my gall bladder was taken out years ago, Is there anyway they can tell cancer just by looking? He said ifts probably an ulcer and I still have a hernia, I go back on the 7th to get results.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi hollygirl,
I had the same symptoms as you and the biopsy's were most likely taken to see if you have H.Pylori which can cause Ulcers and the symptoms you describe.
I had the exact same thing done during my Endoscopy and H.Pylori was discovered.
Hope this helps,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread