It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
(male)

tom9412 HB User
Help Abdominal Pain

Hello all, hope someone can help, for the last several weeks been having abdominal pain along with nausea. My tongue has this horrible sour taste, and chewing gum is the only thing that seem sto help. I am bloated, appetite is not what it usually is, my weight has stayed the sam epretty much fw lbs like 2 -3 lost. Anyway the tests I had recently done was a abdominal ultrasound, 2nd one in 2 years, everything came back normal, my gallbladder has 2 polyps 5mm and 6mm, doctors are not overly concerned because they do not look malignant.

But I still feel like crap, enrgy level is pretty good not overly tired, I wake up around 5am every night feeling nautious with abdominal pain. Now I might add I also have acid reflux which I am currently taking prevacid for was diagnosed back in oct 2012 with acid reflux after I had a gastroscope.

Meeting with my doctor again tommorow any other tests I should ask for. I'm thinking to test my gallbladder with dye, even so I have no signs of gallstones people tell me to test it out. Anyone else have these issues. I am so paranoid and scared that its some kind of cancer even so numerous docs have reviewed my abdominal ultrasound saying its fine.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
(male)

tom9412 HB User
Re: Help Abdominal Pain

Is there anyone else in the same situation like me seems like a lot of people have these sysmptoms so would love to hear some input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi if you want to do a quick check on your gallbladder you could eat a fatty meal and then in the next couple of hours you have upper rt quad pain you know it's you GB.

But it could be your GERD. You could go on a GERD diet too, no onions, tomatoes, garlic, maybe even dairy. I have it I take zofran for the nausea. There is also an antidepressant out there called mirtazapine given to cancer patients to help with nausea.

You might need a stronger reflux med too. Cathy

Old 02-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
(male)

tom9412 HB User

Thanks CATHY I'm on the PREVACID now sort of working but not really, 3 doctors have said not a chance its your gallbladder, ervything points to the acid issue its just the taste oh horrible especially in the mornings, after meals i get bloated and nausea for about 30 mins to an hour. Chewing gum helps me, teh abdominal pain honestly moves around hence my wife and everyone thinks ts the acid and gas.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
(male)

tom9412 HB User

So some updates, I'm still feeling nausea, especially while eating no matter what, it's worse in the mornings and around 7 to 9 at night, THE FOLLOWING TESTS HAVE BEEN DONE AND NOTHING FOUND:

ULTRASOUND - ABDOMINAL NOTHING OTHER THAN SMALL POLYPS IN GALLBLADDER 4 DOCTORS NOT WORRIES

H PYLORI BLOOD TEST - NEGATIVE

CT SCAN ABDOMINAL & PELVIS - NEGATIVE AGAIN NOTHING FOUND EVERYTHING NORMAL.

XRAYS LUNGS AND HEART - AGAIN EVERYTHING NORMAL

COLONOSCOPY - PERFECT NOTHING THERE.

LAST ONE WHICH MENTIONED ABOVE GASTROSCOPE - THEY FOUND CHRONIC GASTRITIS IN MY ANTRUM OF STOMACH BACK IN OCT 2012, BUT I NEVER FEALT LIKE THIS BACK THAN, BUT SINCE XMAS HAVE BEEN NAUSEA WITH MILD ABDOMINAL PAIN THAT MOVES AROUND -- IS THIS ALL ATTRIBUTED TO THE CHROS GASTRITIS WHICH LEADS TO THE ACID REFLUX?

I'VE TAKING TEVA RABERZOLE -DIDNT WORK, TAKING OREVACID NOT WORKING AND DORPERIDONE, WORKS A LITTLE NOT MUCH.

So what is the consensus what is it that is making me like this the gastritis, I FIND HARD TO BELIEVE FOR THIS LONG.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Domperidone does help if you take it regularly before each meal.
When I suffered Gastritis and Acid Reflux i found that Nexium did nothing for me.
Aloe-Vera Juice, Ginger Tea and Gaviscon helped the most and when I left the PPI off I felt much better. I also changed to a healthy diet, no carb's, no sugar, but lots of fruit and veg. Meat and fish in small quantity. No carbonated drinks just peppermint tea, water and ordinary tea occasionally, no alcohol.
In six month's I felt so much better and am now back to eating everything in moderation.
I cant say this will help you but it did me.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
(male)

tom9412 HB User

Thanks for the input I find when I started on the teva raberzole this all started, did you find you had the exact symptoms like me for months?

Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
(male)

tom9412 HB User

What I'm noticing is no matter what I'm eating it's almost forced, it feels like the mucus and acid are stuck in my throat or esophagus which doesn't allow me to eat normally without feeling like I'm going to hurl, I don't throw up but for a good hour and a bit afterwards I feel nausea than eventually it calms down a bit, I'm finding taking b12 helps a bit, very annoying that's what I can say. I read about fruits and vegies they are acidic, I'm a big time veggie eater and I think that's what's done me in with this chronic gastritis and nausea. The prevacid is certainly not working might have to switch to something else, any recommendations I read omeprazole helps especially with acid in the esophagus trapped.

Reply Reply