It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
(male)

entheogenic HB User
Exclamation Health Emergency

Hello everyone, I'm seeking advice about my Mother's health issues.

My Mother is about 46 years old, and she has been having problems with her digestive tract for quite some time now. One thing that I notice about her, is the fact that she's extremely bloated, and her stomach is like an overly inflated balloon. She has a high metabolism, so she can't gain any weight, but for some reason the bloated stomach stays and doesn't seem to go away. She can't eat anything spicy or anything containing lactose. (Even though she used to eat these back in the day with no problems) Every time she eats a decent sized meal, she has to use the john almost immediately. She complains of indigestion at times, and baking soda seems to alleviate it for a short period of time. Her diet isn't healthy at all, and she doesn't exercise because of a foot problem. Vegetables and fruits are almost non-existent when it comes to her eating habits. She also doesn't drink enough water, and that's one of my major concerns for her.

I'm at a crossroads when it comes to helping her, and it's hard because it's not like she can just get health insurance, she doesn't even have a job. I doubt Medicare is going to help with her issues, and she has medical bills piled up from before anyways, so I don't think they'll help someone who's already indebted to the hospital. The only things that seem to help her are baking soda, full spectrum digestive enzymes, and Betaine HCI.

Any advice guys? it would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Health Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheogenic View Post
Hello everyone, I'm seeking advice about my Mother's health issues.

My Mother is about 46 years old, and she has been having problems with her digestive tract for quite some time now. One thing that I notice about her, is the fact that she's extremely bloated, and her stomach is like an overly inflated balloon. She has a high metabolism, so she can't gain any weight, but for some reason the bloated stomach stays and doesn't seem to go away. She can't eat anything spicy or anything containing lactose. (Even though she used to eat these back in the day with no problems) Every time she eats a decent sized meal, she has to use the john almost immediately. She complains of indigestion at times, and baking soda seems to alleviate it for a short period of time. Her diet isn't healthy at all, and she doesn't exercise because of a foot problem. Vegetables and fruits are almost non-existent when it comes to her eating habits. She also doesn't drink enough water, and that's one of my major concerns for her.

I'm at a crossroads when it comes to helping her, and it's hard because it's not like she can just get health insurance, she doesn't even have a job. I doubt Medicare is going to help with her issues, and she has medical bills piled up from before anyways, so I don't think they'll help someone who's already indebted to the hospital. The only things that seem to help her are baking soda, full spectrum digestive enzymes, and Betaine HCI.

Any advice guys? it would be greatly appreciated!
If she doesn't have a job she can apply for Medi-Cal. she needs to go to the nearest public health dept near her and they will direct her where to go to get some help.
She has many of the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and acid reflux. I have both of these chronic conditions and to help control these conditions requires diet and life style changes. Even then it doesn't always respond to our efforts. It's a day to day struggle to keep most of the symptoms at bay.

Reply Reply

Tags
acidosis, bloated, digestion, fatigue, health