It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
(male)

Tmelt HB User
Digestions issues - please help!

Hi guys,

Could really use a little help or advice with my recent digestive issues. I'm 24, have always been pretty healthy and never experienced any bad stomach problems barring the very occasional virus. I have a fairly good diet (could probably do with eating a little more fruit) and keep fit.

I guess it started a couple of months ago. I switched to a new protein shake and experienced quite bad flatulence and was perhaps a little constipated but wasn't in any pain and apart from the bad odour of the gas, it wasn't bothering me at all. I have since stopped using this shake. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a couple of days of diarrhea - to be fair there was a virus going round at the time - and then went back to being more constipated. I took Pepto Bismol for a couple of days and this seemed to sort things out, my toilet visits were basically back to normal and I wasn't constipated or having diarrhea. My PB tablets ran out and then suddenly the last few days I've had really bad stomach cramps and trapped wind. I went to the GP and he said it could be a huge range of things, possibly IBS, and prescribed Mebeverine. I have taken these for 2 days and haven't experienced much change but am now constipated again and feel slightly sick as well as gassy. I have some blood tests next week and my GP wasn't at all convinced that it's IBS, am I best off not taking Mebeverine until he's more sure? And if so can someone recommend something to take? Was thinking about going back to BP and maybe use Peppermint Oil tablets too...

I've just started a new relationship and really want to get my digestion back on track, the stomach pain and gas of the last few days has been getting me down/playing on my mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
(female)

Beehappee HB User
Re: Digestions issues - please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmelt View Post
Hi guys,

Could really use a little help or advice with my recent digestive issues. I'm 24, have always been pretty healthy and never experienced any bad stomach problems barring the very occasional virus. I have a fairly good diet (could probably do with eating a little more fruit) and keep fit.

I guess it started a couple of months ago. I switched to a new protein shake and experienced quite bad flatulence and was perhaps a little constipated but wasn't in any pain and apart from the bad odour of the gas, it wasn't bothering me at all. I have since stopped using this shake. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a couple of days of diarrhea - to be fair there was a virus going round at the time - and then went back to being more constipated. I took Pepto Bismol for a couple of days and this seemed to sort things out, my toilet visits were basically back to normal and I wasn't constipated or having diarrhea. My PB tablets ran out and then suddenly the last few days I've had really bad stomach cramps and trapped wind. I went to the GP and he said it could be a huge range of things, possibly IBS, and prescribed Mebeverine. I have taken these for 2 days and haven't experienced much change but am now constipated again and feel slightly sick as well as gassy. I have some blood tests next week and my GP wasn't at all convinced that it's IBS, am I best off not taking Mebeverine until he's more sure? And if so can someone recommend something to take? Was thinking about going back to BP and maybe use Peppermint Oil tablets too...

I've just started a new relationship and really want to get my digestion back on track, the stomach pain and gas of the last few days has been getting me down/playing on my mind.
Could you be lactose intolerant?

Reply Reply