It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

Ashley51182 HB User
Help, advice? Nausea after eating

Hi there, I am new to this board and stumbled upon it after googling stomach issues. I am so confused and worried about what has been going on with me, I had to see if any of you had any ideas. It's been about 2 months now that I have been having a constant nausea. The only thing I can eat and not feel sick over is basically a raw vegan diet. I have been drinking fruit and vegetable juice (that I make with my juicer) or eating salads almost exclusively. Every once in a while I try to eat something mild like soup or bread and regret it. The nausea starts about an hour to an hour and a half after eating something cooked. If I eat too late at night I will wake up nauseous at about 3 or 4 am. My dr had me on prescription prilosec for a month and that did nothing. I have been tested for H. Pylori, had an upper/lower abdominal ultrasound, and had bloodwork done to test for bacterial infections. All of these came back normal. My doctor is sending me to do a gastric emptying study and then on to a gastroenterologist because he says he has given up. I have lost 30 pounds, which isnt' awful cause I was about 40 pounds overweight. But it's just a lot to lose in 2 months...my boyfriend thinks it's stress and mostly in my head because I do have Generalized Anxiety Disorder coupled with panic disorder (Im in remission and off my meds for this), but this whole nausea things just makes me more stressed out and anxious. I have tried digestive enzymes and HCl supplements with some result, but not as effective as I had hoped. I am starting to exercise to help with stress relief in case that is contributing to it at all. Oh and I am having about 1 bowel movement a week (TMI I know, sorry!). Any ideas anyone? I am having a hard time not being depressed about this because it affects my whole life! I work full time so it makes everything more difficult. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply