It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

svydcw2 HB User
H pylori symptoms?

Soooo,

for about 4 months I have been having stomach issues:

- acid reflux (on omeprazole for this)
-feeling like my stomach is sooo tight and full of gas, really uncomfotable
- non stop nausea that seems to get really bad for a few days at a time then quell a little for a while and go back to baseline sick feeling
-belching excessively
-pain (stabbing) under my left and right ribs, mostly on the left
- diarrhoea (dark stools a lot of the time)
- feeling sick after eating
- weightloss
- changing appetite, some times none at all as I feel so sick

My housemate was hospitalized a couple of years ago as he got an ulcer due to H pylori which ruptured and he bled out into his stomach, almost died. I know it CAN be passed on to others....

Help experts out there

xx

Last edited by svydcw2; 03-15-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

desertlady42 HB User
Re: H pylori symptoms?

I have all of those symptoms but my pain changes from stabbing to squeezing and I just tested positive for H.Pylori (tested for ulcer suspicion). Do you wake up in the middle of the night with pain or have more pain when you haven't eaten for a while?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
(male)

joes2001sk8 HB User

I had the same symptoms as you, got treated for h pylori and the symptoms are still here. I don't test positive for h pylori anymore. However, I just tested positive for SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) and I'm taking antibiotics for it right now. I would definitely check into both problems, because you could have both like i did. I know it's terrible going through that crap. Stick in there, get all the tests done, and you'll be happy you did everything you could.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:07 AM   #4
(female)

svydcw2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertlady42 View Post
I have all of those symptoms but my pain changes from stabbing to squeezing and I just tested positive for H.Pylori (tested for ulcer suspicion). Do you wake up in the middle of the night with pain or have more pain when you haven't eaten for a while?
Hi, thanks so much for replying.

I actually get pain when I eat- usually immediately after, sot of a burning sensation, gnawing etc... hen nausea and stomach bloating for hours afterwards.
If I dont eat i get a stabbing pain under my left ribs. I have woken up once at night with stomach pain, but no horrendus, just uncomfortable. My main issue is that I just feel nauseous ALL the time... I find it hard to enjoy anything

how long had u had he symptoms? what other symptoms do you have?

Old 03-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
(female)

desertlady42 HB User

Hi,
I'm not sure how long this has been going on for me. I had my glabladder removed last summer and that is a similar type pain to what I am having now, plus I have IBS. After the gallbladder removal I did start noticing some other symptoms. I occasionally have acid reflux and frequently have a sour stomach. My upper abdomen is swollen and sore and the pain radiates to my back. About once a week I get what feels like a stomach flu and I can't eat and barely drink anything for about two days, I also feel like my stomach is churning...like acid is bubbling around in my stomach.

One other thing that I'm not sure is a symptom is that a lot things for the last couple of months smell foul to me. Even foods that i normally like Everywhere I walk I smell a foul kind of garbage scent. It's very strange and when I ask other people if they can smell it they say no.

You should probably get checked for H. Pylori. They can do a blood test for this. If you are positive they may do further testing.

I hope you find out what is going on and get some relief.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
(female)

svydcw2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes2001sk8 View Post
I had the same symptoms as you, got treated for h pylori and the symptoms are still here. I don't test positive for h pylori anymore. However, I just tested positive for SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) and I'm taking antibiotics for it right now. I would definitely check into both problems, because you could have both like i did. I know it's terrible going through that crap. Stick in there, get all the tests done, and you'll be happy you did everything you could.
thanks for the reply

Yes I am going to send in a stool sample (as requested) after Tuesday (i have had to stop my PPIs for 2 weeks to enable me to get an accurate reading.
Very much hoping its h pylori and the antibiotics can stop it all.... im too young to be disabled by something like this... very upset about feeling this way for so long
I have never heard of SIBO- i shall look into it

thanks x

Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
(female)

svydcw2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertlady42 View Post
Hi,
I'm not sure how long this has been going on for me. I had my glabladder removed last summer and that is a similar type pain to what I am having now, plus I have IBS. After the gallbladder removal I did start noticing some other symptoms. I occasionally have acid reflux and frequently have a sour stomach. My upper abdomen is swollen and sore and the pain radiates to my back. About once a week I get what feels like a stomach flu and I can't eat and barely drink anything for about two days, I also feel like my stomach is churning...like acid is bubbling around in my stomach.

One other thing that I'm not sure is a symptom is that a lot things for the last couple of months smell foul to me. Even foods that i normally like Everywhere I walk I smell a foul kind of garbage scent. It's very strange and when I ask other people if they can smell it they say no.

You should probably get checked for H. Pylori. They can do a blood test for this. If you are positive they may do further testing.

I hope you find out what is going on and get some relief.
sorry to hear you have been having such a hard time of it!
yeah, I know what you mean about the stomach churning and acid.... I get that ALOT!!

Please pleaaaase let this be the answer.... i dont know where to go from here if its not.....

Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
(female)

JayLea HB User

Hmmm....sorry to know others going through the same problems as I am having, but also glad to have found you...know what I mean??

As I type this, I am "waiting" on my bowels to move, so I can deliver my stool sample...it's been two days....ugh!

I have had nausea almost constantly for going on three months and it is interferring with everything - as if my fibromyalgia and chronic migraines weren't enough! I notice I am burping alot too, when I eat. I also find that my stomach hurts, sometimes right after I eat, but also if I allow it to get empty, like in between meals, so that I feel a bit better if I munch on a few digestive biscuits, crackers, etc. Ginger Ale has been my beverage of choice, too. Oh, and I want all my beverages ice cold! Does anyone else feel that way?

Had some blood work done on Saturday, so waiting on the results of that as well.

My trouble is, I'm allergic to alot of antibiotics, so this could get interesting. Either way, I just want to feel better, especially now with spring just around the corner!!

Hope you all get the answers you are looking for....

Reply Reply