It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Gallbladder low ejection??

Long story short-have had upper left stabbing/ squeezing pains for 4.5 yrs sometimes on right side. My lipase ( indicative of the pancreas) was doubled the first time I had these pains and just mildly elevated each other time. The pain comes in flares so I can have good weeks or months and when I have a glare the psin can hit hourly or just a few times a day

5 out of 6 drs including 2 pancreas experts say its not my pancreas as all 5 rus and 2 mrcp over the past 4.5 yrs so no damage or inflammation yet can't explain my pain or lipase

Had a hida and I have an abnormal ejection fraction- mine was 28 and normal is 35. I haven't sat down w the dr yet do I'm wondering:

Could these pains be from gb though primarily on left- does the pain present like this? Can it effect my pancreas?

Also I have malabsorbtion with bowels

Old 03-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

Agnes77 HB User
Re: Gallbladder low ejection??

I was told that the gall bladder can affect your pancreas. I just had my gall bladder removed 12 days ago. I've also had pain off and on for years. However, this time the pain never went away it was horrible! My Hida showed my gall-bladder functioning at 5%

I would suggest looking into the holistic approach. I wish I could have done that...or would have done that. I'm not any better after surgery. I was in so much pain that wouldn't let up I was desperate and had the surgery. I feel it was a mistake now.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Are your pains from the surgery - incisions, gas to inflate not dissipated yet, eating fat too soon, etc? If so, that is normal and wil go away.

Also, if you still have pancreatitis, it can take weeks and months to see a difference after going on the diet for it. What treatment are you on for it?

Old 03-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
(female)

Agnes77 HB User

No, the pain is not from my surgery. I'm getting severe pain where my gall bladder used to be, middle of my abdomen, back and sometimes a little pain on the left side. It's a little different from the pain before surgery.

Before surgery I had severe pain that wouldn't let up for up to 12 hours after eating something and the vomiting. Then the pain was gone.

Now I have pain that fades in and out...it will be severe for a little while then get more mild and then more mild and go back to severe. All this can happen within a short amount of time and I have vomiting as well. This lasts longer though as it doesn't just stop hurting after 12 hours like before. I drank some Boost yesterday around 2 or 3ish and only drankk a few sips. I've been in pain and nausous ever since. I vomitted a lot yesterday and last night. The pain continues on today and I'm very tired.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
(female)

Agnes77 HB User

The only treatment that seems to help is no food. I haven't found any food that I can consistantly tolerate. I ate one thing a couple days ago that worked well and tried again and it didn't work. It's a guessing game for me. The days I don't eat anything are problem free days.
However, I eventually get too hungry and have to eat something and it starts all over again. I stop eating to avoid problems.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

How has your pain presented- do my pains sound like it could be the GB? Again, Im not sure if it is my GB or pancreas-it is on the left side mostly and I have had elevated mild lipase. However most drs say its not my panc since all scans for 4.5 normal.

So I am wondering- does this sound like gb pain (the quick stabs, squeezing)? I also have malabsorption. And, can low ejection cause the pancreas to be irritated?

Does alcohol make it worse?

Thanks all!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Agnes: You should call your surgeon immediately.

K2626: I does sound like gb but alcohol is a no-no for people with pancreatitis. Both conditions have strict diets. Are you on either one?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Agnes: You should call your surgeon immediately.

K2626: I does sound like gb but alcohol is a no-no for people with pancreatitis. Both conditions have strict diets. Are you on either one?

Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

I'm not on a strict diet aside from when in flares where ill eat brothy soup and that's it. I generally eat well though will eat fatty stuff at times to try and gain weight (103 pds at 5"5). Usually fat doesn't bother me unless in a flare. Alcohol sometimes can bother me-haven't had wine in 5 months.

So gb pain can be stabbing on left? Anyone know if low ejection can irritate the pancreas?

Also have bulky sticky bowels tmi sorry

Old 03-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

You might try posting on the gb board. There are a lot of folks there - and the Pancreatitis one.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
(female)

Agnes77 HB User

I have called my surgeon. He did blood work on Friday and I called again on Saturday. He told me to go to the ER so I did and they did nothing..no tests. They gave me pain meds and took some blood work and sent me home.
I called my surgeon again (his cell phone) on Sunday and he said he was puzzled by this and will run tests this week. His office called me today and scheduled me for a MRI for Wed.

To K2626,

Did you have a Hida scan or a pancreatitis function test? My sonogram came back ok for my gall bladder and my Hida came back showing my gall bladder was functioning at 5%.

I've been to the ER 5 times in the last month and thought after my surgery I'd finally be back to normal and I'm still going through this. Very frustrating!

Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Are you feeling better now?

What did your pains feel like? Normally I get squeezing/stabbing on the left but now its going to the far right

Old 06-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
(female)

laineyk HB User

Hi, I had a sonogram and there weren't any stones, had a endoscopy with biopsy and found to have H-pylori...been being treated for that without any improvement, GI says he'd like a HIDA scan (had cat scan done and no abnormalities found on that either)

question is you say that you wished you took a "holistic" approach to your GB problem...what exactly would that be?

Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

I think someone else said something about holistic treatment

I'm in a flare again going on 5 wks of deep squeezing stabbing that is mainly left but also far right at times. Lipase was up by 8 1.5 wks ago but normal today though still getting bad pain

I don't think low ejection without stones would irritate my panc. Not sure what to do

Old 06-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

I went back and read your initial post and you do have a non functioning gallbladder. Not sure where you got your information but anything below 35% or about 75% is considered non functioning. Why aren't you having it out?

Closed Thread