It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

Agnes77 HB User
Gall bladder removed 12 days ago?????

I have been going through a terrible time for a month. Before my surgery I was vomiting and in a lot of pain. I went to the ER 4 times and they did nothing, but pump me up with nausea meds and pain meds and send me home. One of the ER doctors even told me it's not my gall bladder. I went back to my former primary care doctor because my current primary doctor didn't do anything either.

My former one got me in for a Hida scan the days he saw me and had me to a surgeon's office the day after. My gall-bladder was functioning at 5%.

Now 12 days later I am still vomiting and still have pain after eating. My surgeon told me if it happens again to go to the ER because that's not normal. It happened yesterday. I was afraid to eat because my daughter had a birthday party to go to so I just drank some Boost. After just a few sips of the Boost the pain and nausea started. I ended up vomitting and the pain lasted the rest of the night.
I went to the ER as instructed and all they did was take blood work and said it was normal and refused to do anymore tests. I asked for a cat scan or x-rays and he said theres no need since my blood work is fine. He even told me my blood work does not show I vomited. He acted like I was making this up?
I'm so frustrated and not sure what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
(female)

desertlady42 HB User
Re: Gall bladder removed 12 days ago?????

Hi Agnes, I'm sorry you are going through all this. We are supposed to feel better after getting our gallbladder removed but it's not always the case. I had my surgery the end of last summer and I was in the ER twice after my gallbladder was removed. I didn't have vomiting but did have severe pain like the kind of pain I had with the gallbladder. One of the ER doctors told me he has seen many people in the ER post op and the pain can be from the healing. Another time they told me I was extremely constipated. 7 months later I am still in pain. Being treated for an ulcer because I tested positive for H. Pylori bacteria. Have you ever been tested for this? I'm finding out it can wreak havoc on the digestive system.

I hope you will find the cause of your pain and vomiting. No one should have to go through all that suffering with no answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User
Re: Gall bladder removed 12 days ago?????

Well, you better find another doctor or go to another hospital that will take care of you. I am sorry you are going through all these. It must have been very hard on your part. I hope you get well the soonest.

Reply Reply