It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
(male)

tomadom HB User
Concentration better on Empty Stomach

Hi Everyone.

Wondering if anyone can put some clarity on the reasons for the below.

I'm pretty certain I have Leaky Gut. I've always thought this started out as an intolerance to Gluten as I have had this since I was very young. Basically born with it I think. The brain fog issue has been with me my entire life and is difficult to get rid of.

I am now in my 40's. When I get up in the morning and have to read a document for work, a thirty page document takes me about 6 hours to get through, mainly because I have this brain fog issue which has basically affected my whole life. I seem to be Alergic to everything. So I restricted my diet to tuna and leafy greens (spinich and lettuce), and also include some green beans. It doesn't stop the brain fog though.

Whenever I eat, no matter what it is I seem to get brain fog. So yesterday I got up and ate nothing and got through a similar 30 page document in a little over an hour. Not eating significantly improves my concentration. Does anybody know why?......... What could I eat in the morning to prevent this brain fog issue?

Thanks so much

Last edited by tomadom; 03-26-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User
Re: Concentration better on Empty Stomach

Just a thought about what you say... when you eat, a lot of the body's blood supply is directed to the digestive organs (and away from other organs) in order to carry out the complex functions of digestion, which is why we are told to sit down and rest after eating, and why looked at the other way round, you maybe have less mental clarity after eating.

If you have discovered that this makes a signifant difference for you, then perhaps you can timetable your day to do the things that require the most mental clarity when before you eat. It will happen after eating anything, but you may find it is better if you eat raw foods in the morning and avoid starchy foods and also meals rich in protein which are harder to digest and therefore require more energy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
(male)

tomadom HB User
Re: Concentration better on Empty Stomach

Thanks for coming back.
I have heard about this but in this case it's not the same thing. It's a definite brain fog. Basically, it's connected to Leaky Gut but no matter where you search on this, there doesn't seem to be a detailed explanation linking the brain fog with larger meals. i can't even eat a plate of lettuce and spinich without this happening which indicates a serious problem. Definitely a Leaky Gut symptom.

I really wanted to see if there is a science surrounding having small meals and mental focus with Leaky Gut. I was born with this for sure as I've had these symptoms my whole life and am now determined to get rid of it. It's making life too hard. Any meal larger than say half a cup is too big for me. Is seem to get a buildup of blood sugar and bad nerves in the long run. Not to mention the ridiculous weight gain. I would assume this has to with some form of idiopathic insulin resistance which forms from inflammation after I eat. I can put on weight from eating just lettuce and spinach, it's incredible. So the only solution seems to be the tiny meals. Because I don't hear allot of discussion around this concept I wanted to see of anyone can place some more clarity around it such as, how it points to the severity of the problem of Leaky Gut and, is there another condition which causes this kind of situation such as Dysautonomia which effects the autonomic nervous system. Very tiny meals or no meals seem to be the only way out both for weight loss and mental clarity.

I have read allot about leaky gut but never come across a strong emphasis or extended explanation bout how the small meals are critical. So I'm wondering, why not? Why is it given a fleeting reference when it so very critical to helping this condition.

Reply Reply

Tags
brain fog