It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

Agnes77 HB User
Gall Bladder removed 3 wks ago? Can't Eat??

I had surgery 3 weeks ago to remove my gall bladder. I was fine until my gall bladder went bad. I had severe pain and vomiting with semi-normal ultra sound. Hida scan showed it functioning at 5%.

Now 3 weeks later I still can't eat. I'm loosing atleast 5lbs a week and sometimes more. I'm miserable and hungry. If I eat I end up in pain and vomit. I have found that it doesn't matter what I eat it matters the amount. If I just eat a few bites of something I'm ok, but if I try to eat more I will be in pain and vomit.
Today I hate 3 small bites of ham, a teaspoon of mashed potatoes, and a few green beans. That's all I can have now or I will get sick. However, I'm starving.

My surgeon ordered a MRI last week. I'm assuming nothing showed up as I haven't heard from him. What could this be? Could something have gone wrong during surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
(female)

Agnes77 HB User
Re: Gall Bladder removed 3 wks ago? Can't Eat??

Also, since all this began with my gall bladder 2 months ago I now weigh less than my 14 year old daughter. I don't have energy and get light headed. I'm also tired all the time...I'm sure this is from little to no nutrition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, for this time around the ham was a mistake. Don't know about what else may have been a problem - the beans if they had any fat with them. What did you eat the first week after the surgery? Was it no fat? If not, that may be your problem.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
(female)

Agnes77 HB User

This has nothing to do with fat. I've figured out the pattern over the last 3 weeks. I doesn't matter what I eat, but how much I eat. A normal amount of food will cause me to vomit and have some pain. The pain is not severe anymore, although it can be severe...the severe episodes don't last too long.

For example I have eaten popcorn several times since my surgery and it was fine each time. Also, I only ate a small amount and nothing else those days. The other day I ate a few bites of something around lunch time and then took a few popcorns from my daughter that evening. I then got sick.

This is only one example...but I know it has more to do with amount.

Reply Reply