It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

zipster HB User
Anyone relate?

I have been having stomach issues for a few months and my liver function test was high. I am waiting to see a gastroenterologist. I keep getting a pain in my left below my riibs which radiates into my back. I have been having nausea and loose bowels and fatigue. I had a bad belly last night right across the bottom like a period pain. I woke up at 3 am with stomach pains and my stomach was making noises etc. I went to the toilet and sorry tmi it was just like sludge. I woke up this morning and I have an orange coating on my tongue but haven't ate anythIng or drank anything orange.
Anyone else had this?

Old 04-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Anyone relate?

Your symptoms could relate to a number of thing's but when I had similar symptoms it turned out to be Diverticulitis.
I do believe this generally relates to middle aged people so it may or may not fit your particular age group.
It's wise to get it checked out and get treatment. I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
(female)

zipster HB User

Thanks what symptoms did you have with diverticulitis?I am seeing a gastroenterologist in 2 weeks so I will see what they say.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipster View Post
Thanks what symptoms did you have with diverticulitis?I am seeing a gastroenterologist in 2 weeks so I will see what they say.

My symptoms were pain on the left side under my rib
Nausea and alternating Diareah and constipation also a lot of gas on that side.
Some of these symptoms could relate to IBS or something else but a Colonoscopy showed that this was my problem.
I had a number of diverticular pouches in my colon but my consultant told me I did not require surgery at this stage and I was told to increase my fibre intake.
It is pretty much controlled now and only on rare occasions do I get a flare-up.

Solofelix.

Reply Reply