It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

scared3874 HB User
Unhappy colonoscopy and E.G.D while on methadone

i keep having terrible abdominal pains, and vomiting blood. when this happens, it always lasts for 24hours, sometimes longer. it keeps getting worse and i went to ER for fear of dying. i am a recovering addict and have been clean for over 2years, but i take 60mg of methadone daily. my past has left me with no good veins and when they try to take my blood and put an IV in me, it always fails. they poked me 20 times, and finally had to go in my neck, since nothing else was working. they gave me pain meds and sent me home with nausea meds. i made a regular doc appointment and he said i have to get an E.G.D and colonoscopy. i am scared to tell them i am on methadone because they automatically assume i am still using. i read my last medical record in the ER and the whole time they talked about me being a heavy IV drug user, when they had my clean blood and urine tests for proof that i wasn't using. i am sick of being shamed about my past, and now i don't want to get the procedure done. why can't they help me with out making me feel crummy about my past? i feel like i deserve the shame i live with, and take responsibility for my actions. but medical professionals do not need to add to my already self hatred. i guess what i am asking is, should i tell the gastroenterology doctor about my past? i am just scared.

Last edited by mod85; 04-01-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Reply Reply