It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
(female)

smoochkin HB User
Unhappy Gastritis

Went to the er on easter sunday.....woke up with cramping, diarrhea, and burning on the top of my abdomen. Had blood, urine and ct scan w/contrast. I was told either gastritis or an ulcer. Was given meds for the burning...pepcid and protonix.

Sadly i think i think i did this to myself. Was on vicodin for 3 1/2 yrs....took.them on an empty stomach.....and took advil (gel.caps) for headaches. Well i took myself off both...dont need my meds to make me sicker.

Im feeling sick all the time and weak......what CAN we eat while healing our stomachs?

I've had this for a month n a half....just started the meds on Monday. I have read so many other posts about gastritis and it seems hard to fix....i feel like it will be 6 months or more til i get better.

Anyone Have any tips? Im 45 and in perimenopause which causes its own issues and i also have fibromyalgia.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
(female)

kritter0622 HB User
Re: Gastritis

Hi there

I have had gastritis for 2 years. My symptoms include burning and pain in the upper stomach, diarrhea, extreme nausea, and bloating. I have tried every prescription medication available, acupuncture, and a naturopath. Going on the candida diet helped a bit, but now I am taking l glutamine, slippery elm and pure aloe vera juice. I have been on this protocol for almost a month and I am finally starting to feel better. I have gone from 2-4 days per week feeling extremely sick, to a few hours once a week. I sure hope this is going to really fix it for me....good luck to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to kritter0622 For This Useful Post:
smoochkin (04-05-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
(female)

smoochkin HB User

Thanks for your story. I have given up on drs and im going to try and heal this on my own. I had the ct scan to rule out anything serious. Im not having the scope. I had a colonoscoph before because i had lower right side pain. Got diagnosed with IBS and i had NO bowel issues. Found out later it was a ovarian cyst. I no longer trust them. I have had swollen n sore glands in my neck with to much sinus drainage before this...but dr doesnt care about that...hell she wont even give me anything for nausea. Yup time for a new dr. I pray u feel better soon.

I

Old 07-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
(female)

violyr98 HB User

@smoochkin

I was diagnosed with GERD and Gastritis last May 2013. My family doctor did not help me that much, so I found myself looking for gastroenterologist. My doctor performed endoscopy procedure and requested abdominal scan to rule out the problem. My doctor prescribed Reglan and Aciphex. My regular diet for breakfast is I drink fruit shake (dates,banana, and cantalope with non fat milk) sometimes with one boiled egg. For lunch my option includes japanese foods like salad, edemame, udon soup (seafoods), or chicken teriyaki (with less oil) 3 -4 pieces out most. Vietnamese food like Grilled Shrimp with rice noodles, and salad.Baked fish( tinapia) from Trader Joe, Chow Main of Panda Express ( small bowl). Snacks: I eat Rosemary Italian Style Crackers ( small quantity) and water melon. For dinner my option includes salad,boil potatoes, baked fish or noodle soup with shrimp or chicken with lots of veggies without oil (small quantity).
Try to make a daily dairy so that you know which food are bad for your stomach or which food sooth yours. When I ate too much food I suffered a lot of pain for two days. So I try to minimize my intake, I avoid spicy, and fatty food. I will visit my doctor in 2 days time and I hope to see some improvement. I lost a lot of weight because of my condition wishing I get better soon. I also drink alkaline water. I hope this help.

Last edited by violyr98; 07-22-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
(female)

kritter0622 HB User

Finally I am feeling better!!!!! WOOHOO!!! I began taking glutamine and it has helped to heal my stomach! I haven't had nausea for over a month...also, I think the anti-candida products worked as well. The naturopath has been testing me and making recommendations which included berberine and glutamine! I hope you feel better soon...until recently, I forgot how it felt to be well

The following user gives a hug of support to kritter0622:
violyr98 (07-22-2013)
Closed Thread