It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
(female)

laineyk HB User
Re: H Pylori

Oh bte, I was told to take meds after eating, but instructions say to take 1 hour before

There is no way my stomach can handle all these pills empty so what I have been doing is eating a small light breakfast...rice cake with banana and then hour later take meds

you see I take two other meds in morning too

so right now I take them 9 am and 9 pm

how do you take yours?

Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #17
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Soo glad to hear you are having a good day

Day 7 for me woke feeling ok got to work off and on feeling good not foggy head feeling then it would come back so I've had better day also got horrid lower stomach pain about 7 pm then you can imagine what came next diarrhea but it was short lived and has seem to pass for the most part
Oh yeah I did see the dr today said my pancreas enzymes were slightly elevated but he said that can happen with anyone but since I had the upper left abdomens could have been a mild case of pancreatitis I ask if and when I come back he said if it doesn't clear up in a month from the date I stop the antibiotics to come back hopefully not otherwise I see him in August to check blood again mainly for cholesterol which was at 204 up from last year of 162 amazing my dr had me cut down from 10 mg to 5 mg
And it went up if I take nothing it's always at 262 anyways I'm drifting from the subject hope tomorrow is a good day for you good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #18
(female)

laineyk HB User

when will you go back to be tested to make sure that the HP has been eradicated?

also you forgot to tell me if you take your meds b4 eating or after

Old 04-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #19
(female)

laineyk HB User

so end of day 5 and its not been good. Got another really bad headache, felt cold all day and tired, achey and to top it off a little off balanced

I thought by now if I hadnt had any real problems I wouldnt get them 5 days into treatment

I just keep crossing off the days because I am SOOOOO depressed

Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
I'm sorry to hear your having a rough day and what's up with the headache??
Before I forget take the PPI immediately when I get up for the two antibiotics of death irate them by the way I take mine after food in the morning within a hour for both and 1 2 hr for the PPI before dinner and 1 hr for both biotics also before dinner cause if intake them late i can sleep don't know why but this seems to work either for the type of food or something

Ok

DAY 8 I started off good woke up feeling decent considering I haven't had a day off in 17 days sorry that's just whining started feeling a little foggy at work then it cleared up only lasted for about 2 hrs after that its been smooth sailing fingers crossed day isn't over so I would say day 8 has been very good hope your next day is better good luck
Oh yeah remember double up on your probiotic

Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #21
Veteran
(male)

Hey also are you taking any supplements ?? B12 D 3 ,magnesuim cq10 anything ??

Old 04-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #22
(female)

laineyk HB User

so glad your day was a winner...just think you have less than a week to go now!!!!

My day was WAY better than yesterday, no headache, no neck ache and belly was pretty good too

I still felt in the middle of the day strange, foggy headed and couldnt concentrate but it lifted

I havent worked since Dec...due to anxiety and depression...now wondering how much of this was due to H-pylori

I am knocking off the days with great anticipation. tomorrow I will be 1/2 way there

Old 04-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #23
Veteran
(male)

What's with this foggy felling I also have had that since middle of last year maybe more of course I would like to blame it everything lol

I'm glad your having a better day fingers crossed that tomorrow is even better atleast the thought kinda lifts your spirit

Ok day 9

Woke up good took triple pill shot number one in issues middle of day still no issues (I'm waiting for it at this point) but as I sit here gobbling up my dinner biscuit and gravy my wife make a killer B&G yum yum anyways I just hour before I took second round of triple meds so far so good I've had good energy today and razor sharp focus I even think my memory is better not sure how but just my feeling. The on negative is the pain in the upper left and upper right the almost alternate like a dull ache almost pressure like that still comes and comes over the course of the day and really has not change during this whole thing hoping that will go away.

So no work since last year I would go crazy!! Is it something you can go back to if this clears up??

Good luck

Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #24
(female)

laineyk HB User

yesterday was much better. no headache and stomach was better.My blood pressure keeps dipping real low at times? 90's over low 60's. ususally its been pretty good 120's /70's. before all this started I had HBP and was onmmeds for it but once I started to lose all this weight and exercise it came right down

so today is my 1/2 way mark!!!!!! cant wait to be done with this

you are so close to being done you must be ecstatic

I will post later to tell how the day went. Hope you have a good one too

Old 04-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #25
(female)

laineyk HB User

uups didnt see that there was a page two

answer to your question is I am a nurse so I will always have a job if I need to

Old 04-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #26
Veteran
(male)

Day 10 almost forgot to post was in the spa with my wife needed it after work and a workout sore. Your right nurses will always have work I'm a power lineman so I to will always have work except I have age to Contend with average working life span for my trade is 10-12 years as a lineman then you need to get up to foreman and I'm at 18 years and still trying to hold on to my lineman status for me a foreman spots mean I'm old blah!!! So needless to say any illness is ruff can't perform work indeed to do which is a lady become difficult soooooo apparently I went way off subject sorry

Half way there congrats!!!!!
Sounds like you had a decent day then huh? Good are you feeling any better like your old self? Any sign or glimpse? I have had a quite a few hopefully you have to.

Ok day 10 good start to the day no headaches did feel a bit funky for about a couple of hours but broke out of it this warmer weather here is kicking my butt on these meds
And my stomach has been ok the mild upper quadrant pains on the left and right seem less hoping its not just for the day fingers crossed so i normally take Crestor for my cholesterol it runs in my whole family my dr told me to not take it while on the meds said it would hurt me for 14 days the weird thing is my memory seems better dont know if its the h pylori getting better i hope or the meds or what hmmm anyways hang in there if cant last forever right ? Lol

Good luck I just tell myself yummy I love taking these still have weird taste though but ill live

Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #27
(female)

laineyk HB User

I had been taking Vit D, magnesium, fish oil all before the stomach distress, havent taken any of it since.

I do take the probiotic

do you take supplements while on this med therapy?

I am on zoloft and klonopin for anxiety/depression. hopefully getting rid of the H-pylori will also rid me of the other two.

hoping for a good day for the both of us. will report back at end of day

btw, thanks for keeping me "company" through out this ordeal

Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
Veteran
(male)

No problem on the company I to look forward to hearing you experience also so back at you on the thanks

Ah supplements yes I still take the following but atleast one hour after my antibiotics
B12 100 mg twice daily
D3 1000mg twice a day was only once but recent blood work says I'm low ugh still
CQ10 100 mg twice a day
I was taking Solgar brand multi vitamin VM 75 once a day but that didn't quite agree while on the meds soi stopped
I also would take alpha liponic acid once a week but that and CQ10 don't like each only according to my DR
Probiotic now twice day while on probiotics per the Dr order he said to make sure its a good quality.......ah ok I guess my is a good brand he informed me that it wasn't and recommended one that comes from the cold sections so..... I went out and bought the brand he recommended Ultimate Flora 50 billion critical care ? Or something
Yeah that's what it's called i just looked any ways

Day 11 is going pretty good here went riding motorcycles with my son he's 21 and just got his M1 license AHHH scary
A little lighthead/dizzyness for a bit today but really that cold be anything over all ill give it a 6.5 on a scale of 10 with 10 meaning I'm feeling like I'm 20 again which I know will never happen but 6.5 ill take it.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
(female)

laineyk HB User

Must have been the day for motorcycles...my husband went out with our son in law , brand new to motorcycles too

I had a 8 out of 10 day today...started out not great but as the day progressed I felt better and better, what a relief to feel somewhat normal for a change

what kind of bike do you have? My husband drives a "Dove tail" Harley...I think thats whats it is. I used to ride with him all the time but didnt so much last summer, hopefully if I recover from this Funk I've been in I will ride again

so I spent the day at the park with my daughter and my 4 week old granddaughter, 21 month grandson and my 22 yr old daughter with her BF.

we had a great day and I am so blessed that I had a reprieve from all this crap

I had some dizzy spells twice while out at a store last night...kinda scarey

so you are just a few short days from being free. I pray that when you get retested it will be negative

glad you had a good day too

Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #30
(female)

laineyk HB User

over all ill give it a 6.5 on a scale of 10 with 10 meaning I'm feeling like I'm 20 again which I know will never happen but 6.5 ill take it.[/QUOTE]

I think that you underestimated the 6.5 because even with feeling dizzy, you rode the bike today...so I say thats an 8

and I never would want to be 20 again...now 30, thats a differant story. LOL

Closed Thread