It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
H Pylori

Is was just diagnosed today from recent blood,urine and stool test Dr has put me on two diff antibiotics and a PPI all meds twice a day for 14 days has anyone ever had this and if so what can I expect I've never taken this must meds at once hope they agree with me also what symptom did you have from this apparently I had very high levels
Any insight would be great all i know is what I have read in the web and what my Dr has said be nice to here some real exp about it.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
(female)

laineyk HB User
Re: H Pylori

i too was just diagnosed too by endoscopy biopsy. my stomach is SO inflamed...blood red.

I have no appetite, lost alot of weight, pain, belching like a truck driver, weakness, tired, depressed, just feeling crappy
I start the same triple meds tomorrow. My pharmacy didnt have it till tomorrow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Well good luck on day two of meds here's what I'm taking Protonix clarithromycin and metronidazole first day not so bad some stomach pain and cramping diet soda taste like metal weird pain in my eye sockets above both right and left but then goes away headaches which I never get so I hate those also weird eye fuzzyniss can't wait for the rest of the 14 day treatment. So do you have any upper stomach pain under ribs left or right ??? What are your symptoms ?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
(female)

laineyk HB User

today is day one of taking prevpac.

I will say that most ppl who write about this treatment are the ones who have had BAD experiances. why bother posting if your doing good?

so of course reading all the negative horrible horror stories, has scared me pretty bad, but what other options do we have. HAVE to get rid of this nasty bug, dont want stomach cancer

so I did read some really postitive posts and one said to help with the side effects to do these things:

1. eat either 1-2 hours before or after pills, not with pills

2. DRINK alot, all day long....water water water

3. make sure that you do take the doses 12 hours apart

4. mints or gum for metallic taste (if you get that)

keep us posted on how you are doing and I will do the dame

Old 04-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

So day four for me and things seemed to settle but here are some odd note I know your suppose to take them 12 hours apart but I'm running a test today usually have now issue sleeping and since starting the pak The last two night I cannot sleep I'm just not tired enough to sleep or something and I'm not sure and when I do sleep I sleep really light and wake up every two hours or less so today I took the second does at 10 hours just to see but other than that yesterday around being awake for 8 hrs I was at work and hit some weird sleepy wall for like 3 hrs I couldn't hardly stay awake then it passed BUT today has been good i had to work 10 hrs today and with all the running around I still feel pretty good! I'm home now and the worst I'm hoping is over and now my body I think is adjusted instill have a little upper left pain but it does seems less but after I started I started having pain on the right side almost the same spot as the left and same feeling so weird. My dr has me going back to see him this coming up Tuesday not sure why so soon but no biggy I'm hoping I can get a bit more constant sleep tonight as I have to work again tomorrow so no days off for me my wife's worried with the bad timing of having to work OT and with no days off till next weekend that I will wear myself out I don't see how but we will see

Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Hey! I just remembered something else well actually my wife reminded me I had eye socket pain in both eyes on day one and two then it went away.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
(female)

laineyk HB User

btw, what were your symptoms before treatment?

I belched constantly and had pretty bad stomach pain.
as time went on I became foggy brained, dizzy at times and depressed.

at 1st I was tested for celiac and that came back negatve but my tests did show a sensitivity...so I have been gluten free (for the most part) for over a month.

when that did really nothing for my symptoms is when I had the endoscopy with biopsy

Old 04-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Symptoms....... very foggy at times almost like my eye were going bad or fuzzy like if I was looking at something close then far away it wouldn't focus sometimes that would last for off and on for hours at a time.
Stomach pain upper left since February was just driving home got this intense pain in upper left almost like a burning a 8 on the 1to 10 scale thought i was going to have to drive to the urgent care lasted about 3 mins the faded to a 3 I have Gerds along with Barrets esophagus non cancerous . I must say I think I have had this tummy bug since last August when at work was driving along with a coworker when we stopped I grabbed a drink of water out of the water jug and BLAH hot water I said ***! He said oh I only use that as a ice chest to hold my water bottle. Since that time I have been having issue.

Other issues have been very tired at time not normal for me.
Weird spells where my whole head would get hot almost burning.

I think that was most of them. I only recently went in because of the upper left pain issue at first dr said oh pulled muscle come back in a couple of weeks
Well I had to see another dr cause he's always booked up this guy says how he could sympathies with me cause he has stomach issue and heartburn sometimes
I was shocked cause a dr said that he said immediately have you ever tested for h pylori well that what I can remember
I personally think I have hd this issue for 2 yrs cause this dr say that the bacteria levels can go up and down sometimes they are higher than others so if I had
It i could have had it for years.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
(female)

lillye HB User

I wonder if that is what is wrong with me...I had my gallbladder removed in August of 2011 because of constant nausea, pain on left side of abdomen and low functioning gallbladder...Unfortunately, I was just as bad for six months after the surgery...Then I got better, my appetite returned and I gained back the weight...Now I have that left sided pain again which is in my back ribs and under shoulder blade too and I just feel so frustrated...Last year I had CT scans, small bowel study, endoscope, colonoscopy, gastric emptying study,, lots of bloodwork, MRI---all was negative except gastric emptying showed slow motility...Do you have stomach pain with your gastritis? what other symptoms do you experience?

Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
(female)

laineyk HB User

when they did the endoscope did they take a biopsy? thats a sure way of knowing. otherwise you can have either stool or breath test.

my pain is more in middle and to my right side. Gallbladder didnt show any stones so I am keeping it in as long as possible

Old 04-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
(female)

laineyk HB User

DAY 2 -

no side effects as of yet this afternoon I did seem to think I was having some metallic taste but drink lots of water and its gone

Slept good last night so all is well so far,....Thank you JESUS

Old 04-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

Sooo glad to hear all is well i feel like a pile of junk right now I've been outdoors a lot today and its hovering around 90 here where am my dr told me to avoid direct sunlight
While taking these meds but that's not always possible I don't normally overheat but I'm guessing that what it is. As for side effect I haven't really noticed any today
I still have on and off upper left pain

Old 04-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
(female)

laineyk HB User

Day three,,,I cnt stand thinking that I have 11 more days of this

today just felt sooooo tired and had an excrutiating headach earlier

last night I had a bit of upset tummy but not bad

walked three miles outside, here its in the low 60's

praying that tomorrow will be no more s/e and I can get through this

I will say I feel like CRAP....but thats due to the Hp....felt like crap for months now

Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

Day 6

I wake up feeling pretty good but within a couple of hours of being awaken headache and it was not going away after a few hours I broke down and took some Tylenol and it still didn't go away for another couple of hours five hours total.
Then I just felt kinda crappy I always feel hungry like there's a void and I can't fill it I'm always eating I've gained 6 pounds ahhhh!! So I'm not over weight well maybe a 10 lbs but I normally eat reasonable but 6 pounds in 6 days of antibiotics blah ok it's 7 ish here where I am I'm feeling pretty good right now but I did get a tired spell earlier
But I still have the upper left stomach pain off and on so IDK if this is working cause ill see I see my dr why I don't know at day 7 but here Ill go well good luck keep the updates coming.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #15
(female)

laineyk HB User

DAY 4 = had more anxiety today, but thats a separate issue

slight headache, nothing like yesterday

otherwise ok

ate pretty good today, I am not burpng constant;y anymore and pain is becoming less

Closed Thread