It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

jill17 HB User
New and just diagnosed with Gastroparesis

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I'm 17 years old. My symptoms started last February, and I was hospitalized with weakness, bad nausea, a headache, and feeling shakey. I went through multiple tests, but nothing was found. About 2 months later, I was stricken with bad joint pain all over my body. The joint and stomach issues have gotten much worse. I now walk with a limp, and the nausea and abdominal pain is an awful feeling. I am also constipated, some times for 5 days at a time. Since all this started last February, I went to about 3 rheumotologists, and two gastro doctors. FINALLY, after a year, they found gastroparesis. Does anyone else have this out there? Has it gotten any better? They put me on reglan, but I was very nervous to take it due to the tremors you can get. I hope it helps, but from what I've heard, you can only take it for a few months right? Does anyone with gastroparesis suffer from joint pain?? What were you diagnosed with? Also, the toes on my right foot are curled over, and I have Raynauds. I still think all this may be related to an autoimmune condition like lupus or something. Now that the stomach problem got figured out, I really want to find out the bigger cause of everything, including the joint pain. I can't sleep well at night, or yet alone put my knees together when laying on my side. Thanks for reading about my story!

Old 04-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
(male)

dask HB User
Re: New and just diagnosed with Gastroparesis

Really sorry to hear of your ordeal. I am going through the same with no answers till now. I have abdominal pain and back pain but no noausea or vomiting or diarrhoea but have had Blood, stool, ultrasound, upper endo all negative but CT and MRI showed small bowel inflamation on jejunum loops. Have had a capsule endoscopy now to see whats going on. How were you finally diagnosed ? I mean what test

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
(female)

jill17 HB User

Hi, sorry to hear about what you're going through too. I was finally diagnosed with the gastroparesis by getting a gastric emptying test. Did they do blood work for you? Inflammation in the bowel may indicate an inflammatory bowel disease of some type. Try mentioning that to your doctor and see if its a possibility. It may be hemmoroids too (I've got them, they're awful.) Anyways, best of luck to you!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You are going through a lot for someone so young. I'll share my story which sounds quite similar to yours. I was diagnosed with lupus after 10 years of negative testing but many symptoms suggestive of it. As part of that, I had terrible bloating, constipation, distention, and gastroparesis. I would get an air bubble in my stomach the size of a football and feel like I would burst. This was in my 20's and 30's. Fast forward to my 6th decade after having that for 30+ years, I found out I was gluten and dairy intolerant. It was the cause of my bloating and GI distress all along, as now that I have changed my diet, I am so much better. I still have the lupus symptoms, but at least my GI tract is comfortable. I used to take Reglan, now don't need it. Please check out gluten intolerance as a possible cause for the GI problems. There is mounting evidence that gluten intolerance has some association with autoimmune disorders.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
(female)

Poor Farm HB User

Consider the possibility of EDS/Hypermobility. It can cause many of the issues you describe.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-05-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
autoimmune disorders, digestive disorder, gastroparesis, joint pain, please help