It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
(female)

mommyoftwo93 HB User
Gastritis & Gallstones

Have been suffering from acid reflux and burning in my stomach since having my son. Ultrasound showed gallstones and egd showed gastritis. Had the egd Thursday...how long until biopsy results come back? Is it possible my gallbladder problems are causing my gastritis? I also have anxiety and am on day 16 of prozac. Nothing seems to be helping my gastritis symptoms. All help would be appreciated!!

Last edited by mommyoftwo93; 04-21-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
(female)

laineyk HB User
Re: Gastritis & Gallstones

1st off starting a antidepressant can cause some pretty bad gut issues. I have 1st hand knowledge of this being on and off zoloft multiple times for anxiety

are you taking any anti anxiety with the AD to help with the start up of prozac? usually starting and AD amps up the anxiety initially

I had an endoscopy and found that my stomach mucosa was so inflamed, blood red!!!..biopsy shows I have H-pylori!!!!

had never heard of it and now this is day 2 of treatment for it

I have constant belching,pain, dizziness, and started becoming depressed upon the anxiety I already have

my sonogram showed no stones in GB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

mommyoftwo93 HB User

No, i am not taking any other meds with the prozac because i used to take it for my anxiety and depression a few years ago. And i have been having problems before i started the prozac. I have no idea if IM h Pylori positive yet, and to be honest i kinda hope i am so i can get rid of this. But i too have tons of burping, along with nausea, burning stomach, bad taste in mouth, and loss of appetite. I have a general ill feeling, like i constantly have the stomach bug but without the vomiting or diarrhea. I also have dull pain under my right rib, along with gurgling in that area. It seemed to have gotten worse after having my son. And i was treated with penicillian during labor being gbs positive. :/

Old 04-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Why aren't you scheduled to have the gallbladder removed? That should be done ASAP.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
(female)

lillye HB User

what are your gastritis symptoms?

Old 04-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
(female)

mommyoftwo93 HB User

My gastritis symptoms are belching, burning/gnawing stomach, acidy feeling stomach, always feeling like I've eaten big meals even on an empty stomach, and lots of heartburn. And my doctor wasn't wanting to take it out yet, unless i fail to feel better with meds....which i am calling them tomorrow and they're going to schedule a hiss scan to see how my gallbladder is doing with the stones.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I assume you mean a HIDA scan which tests for gallbladder function. And meds will not get rid of gallstones. You should have it out before a stone gets lodged in the bile duct and you have to have emergency surgery. The gastritis may or may not continue afterwards but the only way to get rid of the stones and the pain is removal.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
(female)

mommyoftwo93 HB User

Yeah, hida scan...stupid phone. And the prilosec i am taking is supposed to help my gastritis but I've still been having symptoms. I had the egd done Thursday(3 days ago)....how long until biopsy results for h Pylori come back? Should i call the doctors office tomorrow?

Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
(female)

mommyoftwo93 HB User

So biopsy was negative for h Pylori. What else could be causing my gastritis? I don't smoke drink or take NSAIDS....

Old 04-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

It could be from the gallbladder issues. It's fine to run all these tests but the gb needs to come out and maybe then it will be easier to sort out anythings remaining.

Closed Thread