It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
(male)

dextere HB User
stomach issues... can anyone relate?

hi,

for a couple of months now, I've been experiencing random, stomach pains. They happen very quickly and sometimes don't happen at all. They occur in different places in my abdomen at any given time.
I also experienced a strange "moving" sensation in my upper abdomen, just below my sternum. This happens periodically, and it's not painful, just an odd feeling. Almost like something "gets stuck," until I move so it goes back into place.
This feeling mostly happens when I bend over, say to tie my shoes, but not always.
I've lost about 20lbs in the last few months, but i attribute this to daily gym workouts, running 2-3 miles daily and being overly aware of my daily caloric intake.
I'm somewhat of a heavy drinker, so I (was), using Advi (ibuprofen), almost 3-4 times a week to curb next day hangovers.
I've been to my primary doctor to report my issues.
He ran blood, urine and stool tests, all of which came back negative.
Then he scheduled an ultrasound. The US came back normal.
He put me on omezaprole, which hasn't helped.
At this point, he referred me to a GI.
I saw the GI last Friday and he scheduled an endoscopy for tomorrow morning. Needless to say, the anxiety leading up to this procedure is making me nuts, but I know I have to do this.
Has anyone had similar issues and if so, what was your outcome?
Any replies are greatly appreciated.

thanks

Closed Thread