It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

Theresa1488 HB User
Gallbladder?

Hi everyone! I went to the doctor yesterday a day after experiencing pretty severe stomach pain, and when I told her stomach pain and showed her where it hurt she immediately said gallbladder. I had assumed that was it, but I'm a very anxious person and I felt like she was rushing to get me out of there. She ordered the tests, but I'm overthinking and just need some reassurance.

The first time I experienced the stomach pain was Thanksgiving weekend last year (2012). I had eaten 3 small, but filling meals in less than a day and when I got home that night I started to feel discomfort in my belly. I assumed it was because I ate too much but then the pain got BAD. I mean, laying in a ball on the bed crying, walking in circles in my room trying to breathe, bad. It lasted about 6 hours and then went away. Like it never happened, so I got over it and moved on. (I'm no stranger to stomach problems because of my chronic illness and when I go into an "episode" it runs its course with a hospital visit and then goes away like it never happened, so I just reacted to this pain the same way)

The second time was Wednesday morning (April 24th). I woke up nauseous, which once again was ignored because I'm always nauseous in the mornings, and went to work. When I got there I noticed that along with the nausea my stomach felt empty. So empty it felt like it wasn't there. Not hungry, nothing. I decided to eat a slice of bread with butter on it and soon after I started squirming. More of adjusting myself subconsciously to relieve the "ache." Around 10 I thought oh, I've felt this before and by 10:30 I was falling apart in pain. It felt like my stomach wanted to explode out the top. I couldn't burp unless I drank soda, but nothing helped. I tried antacids the first time too and they did nothing. The pain came in waves. It would get so bad I was struggling to breathe in and had to walk around to keep from screaming, and sitting down hurt like hell no matter how I was positioned. Then it went away, not completely, I still had chills and just felt rotten, and then I got in my car to go home and by the time I got home it was back. I practically crawled into my house. Finally I laid flat on my back and the pain went away around 4:30 that afternoon. I felt a little twinge under my right rib the next day, but no pain and when the doctor pushed where my gallbladder is I felt no pain. The first time I tested myself to see where the pain was worst and when I hit below my right rib I saw stars, but I wasn't thinking clearly then. Now, once again, it's like it never happened. I'm afraid, but so far nothing unusual.

I'm sorry this is so long, I just wanted to be thorough as possible just in case. I guess I'm worried because from the age of 7 to 14 before I was diagnosed with cyclic vomiting syndrome I was told it was all in my head or I was seeking attention and drugs. I just don't want to go through these tests and be told there's nothing wrong..because there is something wrong, I'm not lying, but I felt like the doctor just....brushed me off and it made me worry.

Once again sorry this is so long. I appreciate any advice 100%!! I'm just being a worry wart!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Have you had blood work for pancreatitis ? Maybe your having attack?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
(female)

Theresa1488 HB User
Re: Gallbladder?

They did blood work while I was at the doctors office. Not sure what it was for, I just assumed it was gallbladder related. I should have the results next week sometime. The other tests are scheduled for May 7th. They are doing an ultrasound and the EHIDA.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
(female)

Theresa1488 HB User

I just googled pancreatitis. Only thing that doesn't really fit was it wasn't a burning pain. I don't know how to describe it other than it hurt. It wasn't stabbing, throbbing or burning. I guess it felt like I got punched right around the diaphragm and the pain lasted all day long.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
(female)

Lubeck27 HB User

Your symptoms sound to me like a gallbladder attack. I had a few of these over the years and they are quite painful. My hida scan showed 14% ejection which means my gallbladder is hardly functioning. I am trying my best to keep it, but having a lot of chest pain now which the doctor is relating to the gallbladder. I have just joined this forum to see if others have had chest pain and right sided rib pain from gallbladder problems and if surgery got rid of this pain. Any help is appreciated. Please let me know what your tests showed.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:49 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Elevated billirubin can indicate gb problems. As I said in your other post, it sounds pretty cut and dried. I assume you are having an ultrasound. If there are no stones, polyps, sludge, then a HIDA Scan for function would be in order. Below 35% ejection rate would indicate the need for removal.

Closed Thread