It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
(male)

crz HB User
Doctor no help so far

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what might be causing my symptoms. A little background about myself, I am a 29 year old male, dont drink, use nicotine or drink anything with caffeine in it. I have had problems with anxiety and my stomach since 2006 (I did drink at this time but not in excess, I would say like any typical 20 year old). I started having a hard time keeping anything down and bad acid reflux. I was put on Nexium and other medications similar to it and eventually the acid reflux stopped. I was later put on Anti depressants for Anxiety. I have been on those on and off since then... Until recently I went off Paxil and felt as if I no longer needed it, and still think i no longer need a anti depressant. I went 8 months without taking anything and didn't have any anxiety. I have however for the past several years had problems with my stomach. Doesn't matter if I was on or off the anti depressants, other than when I was taking paxil it made me constipated. My symptoms are as follow...

bloating and gas (I burp all the time, on an empty stomach even, even after drinking water)

My stomach pokes out, I can almost feel the skin stretching, this happens on a empty stomach and after i've ate.

Tan stools often, once a day at least sometimes they have a orange tint

If i've gone awhile without eating and I eat, I get very bad diarrhea

I can't eat at a restaurant, it really doesn't matter which one it is it upsets my stomach. Fast food also does this.

I often get very weak and have no energy. Sometimes I feel like passing out, I feel somewhat confused and zoned out.

I often have blurry vision and sensitivity to light, my eyes often look glassy

I sometimes have sensitivity to sound, the smallest sounds hurt my ears

After eating my hands and feet become ice cold

Several months ago I had a lower and upper endoscopy done, and blood test for anemia, thyroid etc, everything was good. My doctor thinks its anxiety, I dont agree with this. I think there is something wrong. Maybe some food intolerance I dont know. Im going to make a doctors appointment next week and hopefully can find something out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
(female)

Theresa1488 HB User
Re: Doctor no help so far

I can't give much advice because I haven't experienced what you have, but I have grown up with stomach issues since I was 7. When my episodes got really bad my doctors put me on a diet. I was literally eating lettuce and then slowly adding more things to my diet. Every time I ate something and got sick, that food was eliminated from my eating indefinitely. I turned out it wasn't food for me, just stress, but maybe you should go that route. Start with veggies, then grains, then meats and see if anything unusual happens. I have an anxiety disorder, and your symptoms don't really sound like anxiety to me. Racing heart, strange thoughts, cold sweats, restlessness, etc would indicate anxiety. If, however, you are feeling these symptoms and they feel strange to you and THEN you start to worry, it can exacerbate them and make them seems worse..so, when you do feel it, try to rule out anxiety by doing some calm breathing or doing something like reading or tv to distract yourself.

Closed Thread