It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
(female)

Malsmith143ms HB User
Red face Horrible symptoms im scared, docs won't help!!!

Hi everyone! One month ago I started having chills, severe pain under ribs, fever, and vomiting. next day seen doc, he said food poisoning, but felt my abdomen and sent me for a ultrasound from the tech in the office. it showed inflammation of my gallbladder. the tech only spent 10 min. on ultrasound, ive had other ultrasounds that were wrong from her, because again she was wrong I had a hida scan and showed gallbladder was fine just my duct was 2mm bigger with no stones. I then see a gastroenterologist and sent for scope, showed inflammation of the stomach, negative biopsy for infection. the g.I. said I THINK u have pancreatitis. my primary doesnt agree and told me not to take the creon he prescribed cause im not diabetic? I ordered more tests, my amylase was low and everything else for pancreas was fine. I called g.I. and he said u can have LOW amylase or all tests be normal and have pancreatitis...what? After eating the pain has increased and SEVERELY hurts more on the left side under ribs and under back shoulder blades. Ive been to hospital once and e.r. twice this month, all three times they took abdominal x-rays... nothing showed up. I can't take this anymore and it's starting to scare me. even when I don't eat im nauseous everyday, I still have bouts of a fever and chills. ive had four docs say it's highly unlikely it's pancreatitis cause of my blood results. I did read my records from the hospital and it says my creatinine, white blood count, and amylase still low, theres other abnormal ones but don't know them off hand. It doesn't matter what I eat I get an attack. I have been managing pain for 7 years for fibro and back problems but this pain sends me in the hospital. If ANYONE can pls help me with advice or ideas or if they experienced this I would so appreciate it. ive never posted online but it sounds like this is a very supportive forum. oh and I have been so fatigued I almost passed out a couple times my heart races I start sweating profusely and get weak. I keep calling my docs they say theres nothing to do for me, that all tests were normal, okay well my records in my hand now show otherwise. I switched docs and go next week. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Horrible symptoms im scared, docs won't help!!!

There is a condition that is called ascending cholangitis. It can cause your symptoms, and is hard to diagnose. It requires ERCP, a test that a GI Dr does to look into the bile ducts. I would insist on getting the gastritis treated to get that source of pain out of the way. Did they put you on medication for the gastritis? That doesn't cause fever and chills though, but cholangitis does. You might want to research it and ask about it. Also, if you can get a copy of your test results and post the abnormal ones, it would help.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
(female)

Malsmith143ms HB User

I went to a new doc and was put on reglan and see my gastro on Tuesday. I love the new doc she listened to everything and thought of some things it might be. unfortunately the thing she thinks it is is only treated with pain management she wants my labs and then we will go from there with testing. my ct scan did show a build up of calcium but my labs showed calcium was good. I looked up what u said but u have to have hand rigors to be diagnosed and I guess the endoscopy I got done would have shown something other than gastritis. im lost at this point, guess ill have to wait and see. the doc did bring up ms that a neurologist brought up years ago cause I am twitching and loss of vision. my labs showed three wbc tests were elevated, bun and creatinine elevated and gfr was low.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
(female)

coping1 HB User

I had a condition called pancreas divisum which caused horrible pain after eating under my ribs through to my back. It is a congenital problem in which one of the ducts is not properly formed. Many people don't have symptoms but when you do they can be really painful.
I actually thought everyone had pain in their back when they ate too much and it wasn't until the pain got really bad and I mentioned it to my doctor and they did tests that I found out I had something wrong.
It was diagnosed with an ERCP. I had a procedure to open up the duct and haven't had problems since.

It might be worth mentioning to your doctor.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Coping, please research side effects of reglan! It can cause twitching, or parkinson like side effects. My mom got it. Please be careful with that med there are lawsuits against it. Cathy

Old 06-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
(female)

coping1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noevr View Post
Coping, please research side effects of reglan! It can cause twitching, or parkinson like side effects. My mom got it. Please be careful with that med there are lawsuits against it. Cathy
Noevr,
I am actually getting ready to switch from Reglan to Domperidone. Have heard people have good results without the side effects.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It would be helpful to know how high your BUN/creatinine and how low your GFR were. Those are kidney function tests. The abnormal WBC would be helpful to know also, if you can get those reports. The results may shed some light or provide clues as to where to look next. I'm glad your new Dr was good. That makes a huge difference in feeling you will get some answers.

Closed Thread