It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
(male)

RJB123 HB User
Unhappy Stomach Problems

It started almost two weeks ago, I had bad stomach pains that would come and go, still didn't feel good even on relief. I had very watery stools, which were black, but i did take pepto because I was slightly nauseous. The pain started low and then just a general stomach pain. With a few sharp pains that move. Mainly on my right side. I went to my Dr. who took my blood and found my billiruben was slightly high. I was sent in to have a pelvic and abdominal CT scan to be safe. That all came back good and normal so the Dr. said I probably just have a viral gastroenteritis. Well I started to feel better for the most part and eating normal until half way through this week. A bowl movement then set it off again, and now i'm in pain. My mid to lower back aches and my stomach is in pain. I'm back on bland food diet with no great results. I had runny stools that was partly black, or very dark the last two mornings. Along with stomach pain again. lower and upper. Just wondering if this stomach bug can really last 12 days, and be gone and come back like that again? What else could be wrong? Just looking for some relief. Should I go back to Dr?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

shinninglikeme HB User
Re: Stomach Problems

Stools were black, Did you take any iron syrup or something if no than you must have eaten something which must be infected. I think u must eat gourd and simple soup which will give your digestive system a relax and may heal your problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
(male)

RJB123 HB User

I go about a week eating bland foods, and taking probiotics, I started to feel back to normal than this morning I woke up feeling sick again, My pee was very dark last night so I drank 2 glasses of water, and maybe I thought was hungry so I ate some oat meal. Im now having sharp stomach pain again. I dont want to go through this anymore Im on week 3. Normally healthy with no stomach problems.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
(male)

com77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJB123 View Post
I go about a week eating bland foods, and taking probiotics, I started to feel back to normal than this morning I woke up feeling sick again, My pee was very dark last night so I drank 2 glasses of water, and maybe I thought was hungry so I ate some oat meal. Im now having sharp stomach pain again. I dont want to go through this anymore Im on week 3. Normally healthy with no stomach problems.
Go to see a gastroenterologist, do some blood work and possibly some scope exams.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
(female)

Danni943 HB User

Your issues seem so similar to what I endured for nearly 6 months. These bouts of pain would come on and really never go away. I'm so sorry your having to go through this. I do recommend you see a "great" gastro. There are some meds they will most likely want you to try as a last resort to a surgery. I had gone through this regime but, nothing seem to give. I had a MRI that showed small stones and an obstruction which led to my removal. I am now PAIN free but, still have to watch my diet now. I wish you the best of luck In getting some resolve.

The Following User Says Thank You to Danni943 For This Useful Post:
RJB123 (06-15-2013)
Old 06-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
(male)

RJB123 HB User

I have had some real dark urine lately when im not drinking water 24/7. If I do drink water I pass it right out it seems within an hour and its clear or very light colored. Is this normal? I had urinalysis and stool culture done both were said to come back fine. The loose stool is also back.

Last edited by RJB123; 06-15-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Did you have your stools checked yet?
I had camplyobactor for 6 weeks before my Doctors decided to do that and found the bug.

You could have E Coli too.

Take some high strength probiotics it usually helps a bit, but if there is a bug in there, you will need some antibiotcs.

BTW after my camplyobactor, I have now a spastic colon, I can have a half decent digestive system for a while then it all goes wrong and I can have a really upset stomach for weeks, as I am having now
Good luck. Get some more tests done.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

An elevated billirubin can be indicative of gallbladder problems. I'd ask for a HIDA scan and stay off the bland diet. Just eliminate fat from your diet until you get your results. Below 35% and above 75% is considered non functioning.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
(male)

RJB123 HB User

Well I am scheduled for an upper GI, on Thursday morning. To see if I have Crohn's or any other IBS diseases. I hope this is the right tract. My stools go from hard then shortly after very soft and loose, greenish yellow in color.

Last edited by RJB123; 06-19-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #10
(male)

com77 HB User

Don't limit yourself to just an upper GI. The digestive system is complicated: problems in one area can cause symptoms in a different area. At a minimum, I think you should do the following:

- blood tests: CBC, pancreatic enzyme, liver function, Celiac disease
- endoscopy for ulcers, h. pylori, other upper GI issues
- breath test for SIBO (small intestine infection)
- colonoscopy

Also be aware that the ultrasound tests are not very good. They can miss a lot.

Closed Thread