It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User
Digestion issues, especially FATS

I have been having digestion problems for a while and they are getting worse. For a while now after eating I have been having issues with fatigue, stomach distention, water retention(especially in the face, my face is almost always bloated), and switching between diarrhea and constipation.

Initially, I eliminated gluten and peanuts from my diet, and I noticed an improvement. I didn't have diarrhea and the fatigue was lifted quit a bit. However, now I get constipated a lot. I also started having issues with insomnia and I noticed was related to red meat or if I consumed a meal high in fats. When I eat steak or any red meat I get bloated, constipated, and I also over heat pretty bad. Finally, I realized it was related to red meat. If I eat red meat for dinner, I will over heat horribly and I won't be able to sleep that night. My stomach will bloat up and I will retain water no matter how much I drink.

I went to my doctor and they ran blood work on my kidneys, liver, pancreas, and I believe my gull bladder and nothing showed up abnormal. I also don't have diabetes.

I'm not sure what my issue is, maybe somebody can chime in. I would also like to add that basically any carbs I eat besides green vegetables make me extremely tired and I almost always fall asleep after eating carbs (besides the green vegetables).

Old 06-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Digestion issues, especially FATS

To fully rule out gall bladder disease, one needs to have a HIDA scan, as many gallstones do not show up on ultrasound. I would ask Dr for that and see what it shows.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
To fully rule out gall bladder disease, one needs to have a HIDA scan, as many gallstones do not show up on ultrasound. I would ask Dr for that and see what it shows.
Thanks. I will talk to my doctor about that. I have been doing some reading and I think there is a strong chance that I have leaky gut syndrome.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

shinninglikeme HB User

DiD You Check on your thyroid. Generally thyroid patients have a tedency of high water retention in the body parts like feet and face hands and legs.

Closed Thread