It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
Hida scan questions

I all! I am going in for a hida scan soon and I was wondering how it feels....I have had every other test done from ct scans to colonoscopy's! I am 34 and I feel like crap! I dont get pain under my rib cage but I get bloating nausea(could be hiatal hernia causing that) light colored loose stools, gas. The only thing that I do know of is the Hiatal hernia, small and never caused issues for me the last 5 yrs I have had it. Thanks for any insight you can give. very nervous and overwhelmed dealing with stomach issues for 13 yrs and I am quite done feeling like dirt!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
(female)

zee703 HB User
Re: Hida scan questions

I'm sorry you didn't get a response (haven't been here in a while). I had the Hida scan (since the ultrasound didn't show any stones) and it's just boring as you have to lie still for 45 minutes as the injected dye (iodine?) goes through your system and they can watch how your gall bladder works. I had a slight sense of the dye but nothing that bothered me. Glad I had it because it showed that my gallbladder wasn't functioning properly so I had it removed. I hope you can find out what is going on with your GI system and get some relief. This *is* a very good website and I've used it for several years. Lots of very helpful posters who share their experiences and advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hida is easy...

Zee I have a low functioning GB but NO stones and LEFT stabbing pains-going on 4.5 yrs, also its effecting my lipse which indicates pancreas issues. However, none of my many many scans show pancreas problems.
Ideas?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

thank you for your reply! so appreciated. I am allergic to iodine. have not gone through the test yet but did have a ct scan. I just posted a new thread on that! so overwhelmed and sick of being sick!

Closed Thread